XPEnology Community

I am locked out DSM but still SSH and DS Video work

John Roy

Question

Yesterday I was modifying the level of security on the accounts, disabled admin one.

I've been getting hit recently by someone hiding behind a German IP address.

Now I cannot get in my DSM interface, You are not authorized to use this service. is the message

Using my admin level, my name, I still can get access using SSH (PuTTY) and DS Video. Also SMB is still working

Is there a way without reinstalling DSM to get access back?

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

OK to come back to this problem.

I did try using remote access (PuTTy) and made some security changes but it did not work.

So then I rebooted and get 3 choices, number 2 is reinstall. 

After selecting it everything works but it does not reinstall new and still no admin or other accounts access.

If you have a spare HDD and enough sata channels, try creating a clean install of XPE/DSM on the spare HDD connected to sata port 1 (disconnect your other raid drives first),  setup an admin account/password matching your 'name account',  and update DSM to the version/update pack on  your live system. Once thats done, power off, reconnect the raid drives to sata 2-n, then boot. You might get warnings about degraded system partitions, repair, **power off, disconnect spare HDD, moves drives to correct ports then boot.

I've found that 'forcing' a system partition repair using a clean install can fix and number of issues, never tried for this issue, but you never know.  Also, before ** step, maybe check account/permissions on services and access options and also add a 'backup' admin level clean new account?