XPEnology Community

gnoBoot 4458-Update 1

cstout

Question

I finally got to try out gnoBoot 4458 and it upgraded flawlessly from 4418. When the update was finished, however, I was prompted that there was a new update available. This "Update 1" from Synology will download but will not install. I've tried three times and the message states, "Update failed. The file is probably corrupt." Is there a step I need to complete before I am able to run this update?

Are any of you having problems getting MariaDB running with this version? Every time I try to run it I get the error "failed to start mariadb with customized my.cnf, restart with default configuration".

I have tried several "solutions" I found on the web and none of them seemed to work. Anyone have any hints?

http://nas1.cn/thread-82480-1-1.html

I got this working on my N54L and all is good so far. The only thing is I have a 1 on the control panel

like when you have a update and I can't get rid of it. Any pointers of what is causing this?

thanks

I have same issue. I dunno how to get rid of it either.

This permission change lasts for the first restart. Some here suggested to use an earlier version. http://ukdl.synology.com/download/spk/MariaDB/5.5.33.a-0013/

I dont really know how to revert back or install this though. And I had a permission problem with web server too.

Still waiting...maybe update 2, or MariaDB update.

I got this working on my N54L and all is good so far. The only thing is I have a 1 on the control panel

like when you have a update and I can't get rid of it. Any pointers of what is causing this?

thanks

I have same issue. I dunno how to get rid of it either.

This permission change lasts for the first restart. Some here suggested to use an earlier version. http://ukdl.synology.com/download/spk/MariaDB/5.5.33.a-0013/

I dont really know how to revert back or install this though. And I had a permission problem with web server too.

Still waiting...maybe update 2, or MariaDB update.

Diverge, newbi, voloszad, I don't know why this happens, but if you do a "clean" install DSM (not migrating, using Web Assistant for this) and reconfigure the system manually, you will get rid of many problems. Will start to work normally PhotoStation, WebStation, MariaDB, etc... including "notification 1 on the control panel".

Diverge, newbi, voloszad, I don't know why this happens, but if you do a "clean" install DSM (not migrating, using Web Assistant for this) and reconfigure the system manually, you will get rid of many problems. Will start to work normally PhotoStation, WebStation, MariaDB, etc... including "notification 1 on the control panel".

You are right, I've just tried in VirtualBox. Is there any other way to do a clean install, without formatting my entire drive and lose the data?

Is there any other way to do a clean install, without formatting my entire drive and lose the data?

During migration, right-click in the Assistant on your DS and select "Connect".

438079824061t.jpg

In the Web-Assistant, use second radio-check.

2ccaa486b1aet.jpg

In this type of system installation, your volumes and user data will be intact.

During migration, right-click in the Assistant on your DS and select "Connect".

In the Web-Assistant, use second radio-check.

In this type of system installation, your volumes and user data will be intact.

Thank You! I was looking for this solution everywhere.

The update works for me.

In the DSM GUI, click the download button to pull down the update from Synology (do not run it yet)

Do a shell connection to your server as root and issue the following commands

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1
mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

Go back to the DSM Gui and click the Update button.

Setch

Thanks! This worked perfectly.

Hi all,

I'm trying to update Transtor DSM 5.0-4418 Beta to 4458, I could not go thru the shell connection using Putty. When I execute the first command "sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1", I get the message "sed: /autoupd@te.info: No such file or directory"

So if I go back to the DSM GUI to install the update, I keep getting error that it can not access the temp directory (2). Please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm trying to update Transtor DSM 5.0-4418 Beta to 4458, I could not go thru the shell connection using Putty. When I execute the first command "sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1", I get the message "sed: /autoupd@te.info: No such file or directory"

So if I go back to the DSM GUI to install the update, I keep getting error that it can not access the temp directory (2). Please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

The patch need to be downloaded first, then when it ask you whether you want to proceed and while updating do not power off your device, you ssh to your device, execute these command then go back to web UI, press "yes".

Hi Jokies,

I follow your instruction and download the Update file first and this time I successfully executed the 2 shell commands using Putty. However after the download was completed, I went back to DSM GUI and click the Update button, the update process went about 80% then stop and gave me a message "There is a temporary directory access error (2) during update". Any idea why?

Thanks

Hi Jokies,

I follow your instruction and download the Update file first and this time I successfully executed the 2 shell commands using Putty. However after the download was completed, I went back to DSM GUI and click the Update button, the update process went about 80% then stop and gave me a message "There is a temporary directory access error (2) during update". Any idea why?

Thanks

Lastest DSM update enhanced hack detection and won't apply on a XPenlogy.