XPEnology Community

Smart info does not work

Ivan GO

4 minutes ago, flo3393 said:

Hi! 

i had this error with an SSD. I found this site to check if the drives are compatible. I don't find you drives there. 

https://www.synology.com/de-de/compatibility?search_by=category&category=hdds&p=1

I have 4TB IronWolfs and Samsung 860 Evo as cache, they are both compatible with the DS918+ according to the liked site.. What do you mean that you can't find them?

7 minutes ago, Ivan GO said:

I have 4TB IronWolfs and Samsung 860 Evo as cache, they are both compatible with the DS918+ according to the liked site.. What do you mean that you can't find them?

I ment that i don't find the marked WDC (Western Digital Drives (Disk 7/8)) on the compatibility list from Synology. Synology has a SMART-Database which is downloaded and updated every day to you Xpenology. When the HDD Drive is not in the List of Synology, it cannot get the SMART Data from the drive. 

I had this also with Crunical SSDs.

S.M.A.R.T. is enabled in the BIOS since I remember having it while using another loader I think and on top of that I can query the status with smartctl. In the attached image you can see the codes. The database is up to date, 1 Jan, but the button is disabled, don't know if it means something..

Screenshot of dsm-ntrp - Synology DiskStation (2).jpg

Edited by Ivan GO

14 minutes ago, Ivan GO said:

S.M.A.R.T. is enabled in the BIOS since I remember having it while using another loader I think and on top of that I can query the status with smartctl. In the attached image you can see the codes. The database is up to date, 1 Jan, but the button is disabled, don't know if it means something..

Screenshot of dsm-ntrp - Synology DiskStation (2).jpg

I think you must update the Database. Which Loader are you using ? Did you have an extra Sata-Controller for all the 14 Drives ?

I misread the date, it's from the 1st Feb..

I will try to switch to DS3617xs and see if it works better since it's not a live system yet. I am trying to set it up properly before I copy data to it.. 

Screenshot of dsm-ntrp - Synology DiskStation (4).jpg

I have a Dell Perc H310 SAS HBA which uses an LSI controller

Edited by Ivan GO

After a lot of research I realized my Dell PERC H310 was not flashed to the LSI IT firmWare, this is the reason why I could not get SMART data out of the disks... After correctly flashing it now it shows all the statistics correctly.. Shame on me I guess...

Now I just have to fix the NVME recognition issue and then I'm done -.-'

• 1 year later...