XPEnology Community

Dear All,

first of all, sorry if I ask a question which has been previously discussed. Im new at this forum, but Im a very happy xpenology user. It would be highly appreciated if you could help me on the following question.

My spec:

Intel core 2 duo E8400

motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-S2C (lga 775)

4GB dual-channel ddr2 ram @399mhz

2hdd - 1. 1tb samsung hd103uj; 2tb wd red; both basic raid

I intalled 1.02b Dsm 6.1.7 for ds3617xs by creating a boot usb and changing the proper vid/pid.

system booted well after installation. However, I realized that right after I shut down the computer or just try to reboot it, the system is unable to reboot again.

The only reboot option for me is to unplug usb, write img again, change vid/pid and search for nas again. It makes some repair and system boots again well.

could someone please explain me whats the reason behind this problem. I think reboot shouldnt been an issue but it seems, my system is unable to reboot once it is restared. I know its not a problem if I dont reboot it, but if eg a blackout occurs its very disappointing to make a 30 minutes installation process...

many thanks for your kind answers.

brooster

7 hours ago, Brooster1986 said:

creating a boot usb and changing the proper vid/pid

I'm hoping you do the changes, before creating/writing the boot stick?

When you try to reboot/cold start the computer, exactly where does it stop the boot process?

Edited by bearcat

Dear bearcat,

many thanks for your answer. You mean I have to change grub cfg inside the img file before I write the img to my pendrive with w32diskimager or rufus?

What I did was the following: writing the img file to the pendrive, than opened the pendrive and changed the cfg to the proper vid/pid number checked in system conf. Did I do it in a wrong order?

sry for noob question, Im not an expert on this and I checked a youtube video before the process and the guy did the same as I did.

After booting, the menu pops up, I can choose from the 3 options, I hit enter to the first option, It says happy hacking, note this is an alpha build, but it never goes to the last step: booting the kernel. Sometimes it freezes before booting the kernel, sometimes says hd0 error 13, or other different options like hit a key to continue and drops me back to the selection menu wheren I can choose from the three options, etc.

thank you in advance!

brooster

16 hours ago, bearcat said:

I'm hoping you do the changes, before creating/writing the boot stick?

When you try to reboot/cold start the computer, exactly where does it stop the boot process?

Dear bearcat,

many thanks for your answer. You mean I have to change grub cfg inside the img file before I write the img to my pendrive with w32diskimager or rufus?

What I did was the following: writing the img file to the pendrive, than opened the pendrive and changed the cfg to the proper vid/pid number checked in system conf. Did I do it in a wrong order?

sry for noob question, Im not an expert on this and I checked a youtube video before the process and the guy did the same as I did.

After booting, the menu pops up, I can choose from the 3 options, I hit enter to the first option, It says happy hacking, note this is an alpha build, but it never goes to the last step: booting the kernel. Sometimes it freezes before booting the kernel, sometimes says hd0 error 13, or other different options like hit a key to continue and drops me back to the selection menu wheren I can choose from the three options, etc.

thank you in advance!

brooster