XPEnology Community

6.1.7 to 6.2 migration partially successful

unmesh

I'm running ESXi 6.7 and did a migration from DS3615 6.1.7 and bootloader v1.02 to DS3615 6.2-23739 and bootloader v1.03. The migration seemed to be successful but, when I logged in, the network setting page in the GUI did not have a gateway configured (amongst other problems) and won't let me manually correct it.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix other than trying to go back to 6.1.7?

I have a backup but it is on a slower server and I'd prefer to get his one fixed!

Thanks.

On 1/30/2019 at 5:00 AM, unmesh said:

I'm running ESXi 6.7 and did a migration from DS3615 6.1.7 and bootloader v1.02 to DS3615 6.2-23739 and bootloader v1.03. The migration seemed to be successful but,

HI @unmesh, do you have a step by step description on what you did?

I also want to update my DS3615 to DSM 62 but i'm still not able to keep all my data

Thanks

MAdD

Be aware that it was not completely successful for me!

I downloaded the V1.03 bootloader and edited grub.cfg to put in my serial number and MAC address. I shutdown the DSM 6.1.7 VM and pointed the virtual HD to the new bootloader. I also changed the virtual NIC to e1000e.

I then booted the VM and picked the ESXi entry from the bootloader menu. I opened a web browser to the DSM's IP address and did a manual update to the DS3615 6.2-23739 pat file, let it reboot and then logged in to the DSM GUI.

That is when I noticed that several of the Control Panel screens were messed up and went back to 6.1.7