High RAM usage

ndthien

Question

Loader: jun 1.03b (DS3615xs)

DSM: 6.1.7-15284

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350

RAM: 16GB

HDD: 4x WD Red 4TB

I'm having a problem where my server is getting real slow when the server has an uptime of around 7 days. I can't load to the Synology web-ui or any other program I'm running with a web-ui.

And in my opinion, my RAM usage is very high. I have attached a few screenshots of my running tasks and other information.

Can anyone help me out with figuring out what the problem is?

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 21.49.19.png

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 21.49.02.png

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 21.48.47.png

Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 21.48.41.png

8 answers to this question

My system is doing a Parity Consistency Check at the moment. The odd thing is that this is already the third time this week he's performing this check. Whenever I feel like the system is getting really slow, I reboot my system. So to prevent this, I have scheduled a reboot every wednesday and saturday.

But this week the server has been really slow, so I've manually rebooted the server a couple of times.

Could the many reboots be the reason that the server needs to perform multiple Parity Consistency Checks?

Screenshot 2019-01-25 at 08.45.08.png

Thanks for the link.

What steps would I need to take to add that line in the grub.cfg file? Do I find that file on my boot USB?

Edit: does this mean that I have to setup a new USB with new loader where I edit the grub.cfg?

Edited by ndthien