XPEnology Community

Set static IP address on Bootloader

bagheera

Question

Hi guys,

Is it possible to set a bootloader to have a static IP address?

My scenario is I run Xpenology 6.1.7 on ESXI 6.5 in a data centre network that does not have DHCP so everything has to be static.  I would like to upgrade to 6.2 however if I change the bootloader to 1.03b I will not be able to find it by doing find.synology.com as it will unable to obtain an IP address unless it is static.  

Therefore is it possible I can modify Juns 1.03b bootloader to have a static ip address when it boots?

TIA

Edited by bagheera
typo

5 answers to this question

6 hours ago, bagheera said:

Hi guys,

Is it possible to set a bootloader to have a static IP address?

My scenario is I run Xpenology 6.1.7 on ESXI 6.5 in a data centre network that does not have DHCP so everything has to be static.  I would like to upgrade to 6.2 however if I change the bootloader to 1.03b I will not be able to find it by doing find.synology.com as it will unable to obtain an IP address unless it is static.  

Therefore is it possible I can modify Juns 1.03b bootloader to have a static ip address when it boots?

TIA

You will initially need a DHCP server for installation.  Once installed you can change to static with no problem.

9 hours ago, flyride said:

You will initially need a DHCP server for installation.  Once installed you can change to static with no problem.

Right thanks.  I guess I'll just have to temp move my server onto a network which can DHCP then revert it back.