XPEnology Community

Need major help! Solution to DSM checking SN for video conversion????

I could really use some help from Senior members here. 

I've spent the last year working on setting up Xpenology so i could finally get my 600GB Home photo-video collection sorted.

The major problem i am having is that DSM will not create thumbnails for my videos, in VideoStation or PhotoStation or Moments. 

If cant find a solution this, its a total deal-breaker in regards to using Xpenology for me.

I still dont know in my case if its DSM blocking thumbnail creation or something else, but  polanskiman said in THIS thread among others, that DSM blocks thumbnail creation for bad/not legit SN/MAC combos.

Is it still a fact that without a SN/MAC from a real Synology machine, that we cant get video thumbnails?

My goal is to open up the topic for more solutions to Video thumbnail creation being blocked

AND to ask,

assuming that my current 6.2 DSM is blocking video thumbnail creation, what can i do about this? 

What are my options? Downgrade? Create my own thumbnails somehow?????

p.s  I wish i knew that we cant get this feature on xpenology when i started this whole thing.

It probably would've saved me 11 months of my life.. So extremely frustrated.

Specs

1. DS3615XS - 1.4 loader DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 2  Hasell Xeon Supermicro 1150 

2. DS3615XS  - 1.2/3 loader DSM 6.1.7-15284 Update 2  Kaby Lake 1151 

BTW here is the log file showing that serial number bad so it wont convert video 

2019-01-17T20:45:37-05:00  synocodectool: G1Licence.cpp:79 Licence not Success,error msg "SN format is wrong."
2019-01-17T20:45:37-05:00  synocodectool: SYNOCodecPatentG1.cpp:242 ValidateG1Licence failed 
2019-01-17T20:45:37-05:00  synoflvconv: synoflvconv.cpp:617 Failed to convert video [/volume1/photo/★★★COMPLETE PHOTO COLLECTION★★★/2018/2018_09/20180909_201436.mp4] to h.264 mp4.

• 3 months later...

Greetings!

Have you solved the problem?

I have the same problem as you (no video thumbnails in photo station 6).

Can you help me?

Specs

1. DS3615XS - 1.4 loader DSM 6.1.6-15266 Update 1

Edited by Polanskiman
Removed unnecessary OP quote. Read the forum Guidelines.

On 5/15/2019 at 2:52 PM, icanic said:

Greetings!

Have you solved the problem?

I have the same problem as you (no video thumbnails in photo station 6).

Can you help me?

Specs

1. DS3615XS - 1.4 loader DSM 6.1.6-15266 Update 1

Everyone has the same problem.

This is inherent to the fact that proprietary apps are checking whether the SN/MAC is legitimate and real. As simple as that.

There is no way around this problem other than using real serial numbers. But since I do not condone the use of piracy in this forum therefore I cannot help you nor will I allow anyone to do so publicly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I updated the SN/MAC with legitimate SN from my old machine but I am still not able to get the video and all.

Other than putting the SN/MAC on usb stick file, is there anything else I needed to do ? How  did you make it work ? Is quickconnect working for you as well ?

BTW I used SN/MAC from my DS218 that I am not running any more. Would that be a problem ?

Edited by Xpeno_usr

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...