XPEnology Community

Loader 1.04b LOG auf Monitor

hoidoi

Hat einer von Euch vielleicht schon einmal den 1.04b Loader über die grub so bearbeitet, dass das log statt an COM1 direkt auf dem Bildschirm ausgegeben wird?
Mein HP Microsorver Gen10 hat leider keinen COM-Port und ich würde zu gerne sehen, an welchem Punkt die Installation von DSM 6.2.1 scheitert und welche Treiber geladen werden.

Im Synology Assistant wird der Fehler 13 angezeigt (und ja PIC/VID sind korrekt). Dass die Festplatte dort erkannt wird, bedeutet ja noch lange nicht, dass der Marvell 88SE9230 wirklich korrekt mit einem Treiber versehen wird. Ich habe zwar eine extra.lzma mit hier im Forum angebotenen Marvel Treibern kompiliert, jedoch scheint dies nicht so ganz geklappt zu haben, da die HP NC360T Netzwerkkarte dann nicht korrekt arbeitet und somit die ganze extra.lzma wohl am Arsch ist.

Dies wäre eine alternative Frage: Kann jemand die extra.lzma aus dem Loader 1.04b für DS918+ mit einem zusätzlichen Treiber https://xpenology.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4057 versehen? Wie gesagt, ich hab's wohl vergeigt.

Ich hab zwar ein lauffähiges System mit 1.03b/DS3615xs, aber leider wird dort meine NVMe-SSD nicht erkannt, daher der Versuch auf 918+ umzusatteln. Danke im Voraus für Ideen und Hilfe. 

SYSTEM: HP Microserver Gen10  CPU: Opteron X3216 RAM: 8GB DDR4-2400 Loader: Jun's Loader 1.03b DS3615xs DSM: 6.2.1-23824-U4

• 2 weeks later...

Did you flash your Marvell 88SE9230? I had many problems getting the card to work properly and stable.  After digging around I found you can flash the card using a Freedos USB bootstick.

In the end I used below firmware in my Highpoint Rochet 640L. Flash was quick and easy and all my problems disappeared. No more crashing raid sets and disabled disks.

Link: Digitus firmware

Thread on marvell-9230

Also I needed to edit GRUB to use onboard and PCIE controller and put the disks in the right order:  onboard (sda,sdb),  PCIE (sdc,sde,sdf,sdg)

SataPortMap=24  and DiskIdxMap=0002 

Spoiler

For example, SataPortMap=4233 means the 1st host use 4 ports,
the 2nd host use 2 ports, the 3rd and 4th host use 3 ports.

For example, DiskIdxMap=030600 means the disk name of the first
host start from sdd, the second host start from sdq, and the third
host start sda.

On 1/27/2019 at 9:56 PM, Rafale said:

Did you flash your Marvell 88SE9230? I had many problems getting the card to work properly and stable.  After digging around I found you can flash the card using a Freedos USB bootstick.

In the end I used below firmware in my Highpoint Rochet 640L. Flash was quick and easy and all my problems disappeared. No more crashing raid sets and disabled disks.

Link: Digitus firmware

Thread on marvell-9230

Also I needed to edit GRUB to use onboard and PCIE controller and put the disks in the right order:  onboard (sda,sdb),  PCIE (sdc,sde,sdf,sdg)

SataPortMap=24  and DiskIdxMap=0002 

My HP Gen10 has an Onboard SE9230 and still a running warranty, so i am cautious flashing "non HP" firmware. Nethertheless, i checked the controller and my system already has a newer firmware revision. But... thanks to @reizhi i tried to boot from an external usb. With deactivated ehci & xhci handoff it worked and i could install 1.04b with 918+ and DSM 6.2.1 23824 U4. Sadly, my NVMe SSD still is not recognized by dsm. 

17 hours ago, hoidoi said:

My HP Gen10 has an Onboard SE9230 and still a running warranty, so i am cautious flashing "non HP" firmware. Nethertheless, i checked the controller and my system already has a newer firmware revision. But... thanks to @reizhi i tried to boot from an external usb. With deactivated ehci & xhci handoff it worked and i could install 1.04b with 918+ and DSM 6.2.1 23824 U4. Sadly, my NVMe SSD still is not recognized by dsm. 

Do you mind to perform a test whether CPU burst working or not? Cause my Gen10 X3216 CPU burst won't working by default.

Here are the steps:

1. Install docker

2. Install and launch "davidsarkany/geekbench" in docker

3. You can find result link in log

If CPU burst working, you will get 1900+ in single-core test and 2900+ in multi-core test. Otherwise, you will likely get half the score.

6 hours ago, reizhi said:

Do you mind to perform a test whether CPU burst working or not? Cause my Gen10 X3216 CPU burst won't working by default.

Here are the steps:

1. Install docker

2. Install and launch "davidsarkany/geekbench" in docker

3. You can find result link in log

If CPU burst working, you will get 1900+ in single-core test and 2900+ in multi-core test. Otherwise, you will likely get half the score.

Nope, CPU burst is not working, i am getting only 956 / 1396. HW Transcoding is not working either (im getting an "SN format mismatch" error), copy to USB 3.0 runs only with 60+ MB/s instead of 130 MB/s, there is still a lot to do here...

1 minute ago, hoidoi said:

Nope, CPU burst is not working, i am getting only 956 / 1396. HW Transcoding is not working either (im getting an "SN format mismatch" error), copy to USB 3.0 runs only with 60+ MB/s instead of 130 MB/s, there is still a lot to do here...

Maybe I have figured out how to make CPU burst working. I will make deeper test before post out.

4 minutes ago, x01015918 said:

what is the output for 

dmidecode -t processor | grep Speed

echo "1" | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost ?

Max Speed: 1600 MHz
Current Speed: 1600 MHz

after  echo "1" | sudo..... an reboot still

Max Speed: 1600 MHz
Current Speed: 1600 MHz

12 minutes ago, x01015918 said:

Is it properly detecting your cpu? 

you have boost disabled in bios, not sure how amd calls it.

AMD uses the following bios settings for CPU Boost:  "STAPM Boost" and "SMU System Configuration".

For SMU i can choose 12W or 15W or auto, 15W is set, i try auto, STAMP ist set to enabled. 

cat /proc/cpuinfo show the following (for both cores the informations are qual):

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 21
model           : 96
model name      : AMD Opteron(tm) X3216 APU
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1600.000
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 1
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm nopl aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs xop skinit wdt lwp fma4 tce nodeid_msr tbm topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb bpext mwaitx arat cpb hw_pstate retpoline npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 xsaveopt
bugs            : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2
bogomips        : 3193.91
TLB size        : 1536 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts ttp tm 100mhzsteps hwpstate cpb eff_freq_ro [12] [13]

On 1/30/2019 at 8:47 AM, reizhi said:

Maybe I have figured out how to make CPU burst working. I will make deeper test before post out.

I have quit working with Loader 1.04b/DS918+ because of the really annoying performance and swiched back to 1.03b/DS3615xs. Now my geekbench results are 1921 / 3013 compared to poor 956 / 1396 before. Also copy speed to usb ist twice as fast. The last plus for DS918+, the NVMe Cache, didn't work, because my Samsung PM981 was not recognized by DSM (and also not on my Pentium G4400 test system). 

@x01015918 i have spend some time with different bios settings and found no way to check if cpu boost is working at all. 

50 minutes ago, hoidoi said:

I have quit working with Loader 1.04b/DS918+ because of the really annoying performance and swiched back to 1.03b/DS3615xs. Now my geekbench results are 1921 / 3013 compared to poor 956 / 1396 before. Also copy speed to usb ist twice as fast. The last plus for DS918+, the NVMe Cache, didn't work, because my Samsung PM981 was not recognized by DSM (and also not on my Pentium G4400 test system). 

@x01015918 i have spend some time with different bios settings and found no way to check if cpu boost is working at all. 

ok.. I will test myself if performance improve on ds3615,

I tested burst performance like this

echo "0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost
dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost

55 minutes ago, x01015918 said:

ok.. I will test myself if performance improve on ds3615,

I tested burst performance like this

echo "0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost
echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost

on both test runs i get ~400 MB/s, i tried again after reboot with 1 in boost: still 403 MB/s.