XPEnology Community

List of working motherboard with DSM 4.2 build 3202

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

not directly reffering to DSM 4.2 3202, but I'm running DSM 4.2 3211++ on Intel DH87RL with 8GB RAM and i5-4570 with 3x 3TB WD Red at 20,5W idle. All works but WoL, but with that power consumption, I don't care about WoL. With that QUadcore, my PLEX manages my HD-Video collection perfectly

Impressive specs and power consumption.

I would expect low power profile with new Haswell chipset, but this is close to real Synology box with 3-4 drives.

This leads me to the next question - which PSU you had inside that box (brand/model or just power ratings) ?

My current figure is appx.41-42W using the 400W junk PSU, perhaps using some 80+ certified PSU might be a right move for extra savings.

I do plan to add at least 2 or perhaps 3 additional WD REDs, so lowering idle power consuption really pays well in no time.

Regards.

Hi Lockon,

as you can see in my signature, I have a BeQuiet L7-300W (~ 30€). I've also tested another 330W PSU from Seasomic which consumed approx. 4W more. So the right PSU makes a reasonablke difference. I made some power test in the past with my Server before going into production including PICOPSU etc. and found the BeQuiet o.k. It was just in my fundus of hardware.

If I would be one now, I would go for a bit better BeQuiet (L8 or L9) or Enermax, but always just 300W which is more than enough for this kind of NAS / Server. Even on Power up and full transcoding with Plex, my box consumes 65-80W max which brings enough buffer before stressing the PSU.

My endgame will likely be adding an Intel 2 Port LAN + IBM M1015 SATA + 10x 3TB Drives + Dualport HD-SAT Card (to stream via DSVideo to my mobiles; if drivers will be available) and I expect approx. 50-55W idle then (1,5W per HDD, 5-7W LAN, 6-8W SATA, 7-8W SAT).

But I need to say I'm not the XPenology Expert and it could be optimized I believe. As mentioned WoL doesn't work and I don't know if Xpenology triggered HDD Standby works as my WD Red have a Hardware Standby after 10 Minutes.

I hope this helped

myhtpc

asus f1a75-m pro

NOT using onboard SATA, so unknown.

Using LSI Megaraid 84016e RAID controller

Seems to work, but I'm tempted to pull the raid controller and go to the onboard controller to show each drive since this controller does NOT offer JBOD.

EDIT: Sorry, I should clarify, this is running DSM 4.2 build 3211.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have tried DSM 4.2 build 3202 om my gigabyte B75M-D2V rev 1.0.

Booting from USB went ok, i can find my sinology server via synology assistant.

when i click install i can browse for the installation file "DS3612xs_3202-Repack.pat" and click Next >

Installation progress:

Applying Network setting (OK)

Formating system partition (failed)

Here i get a Server error (error code 38) see attached file.

I think my motherboard is supported because in List of working motherboard on this forum, they are saying DSM 4.2 build 3202 works.

gigabyte B75M-D3H is working and mine is gigabyte B75M-D2V rev 1.0 and i can't find big differences between both motherboards.

The only differences between both are:

gigabyte B75M-D3H:

has 1xHDMI port (Onboard Graphics)

has Support for S/PDIF Out (Audio)

has 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)

(The PCIEX4 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)

2 x PCI slots

1 x serial port header

1 x parallel port

1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header

1 x Clear CMOS jumper

the other features are extrly the same, same CPU support, same LAN cards, same SATA support, same chipset ...

http://be.gigabyte.com/products/compari ... =4803,4402 link with comparison of both motherboard

Here my system settings:

Motherboard: gigabyte B75M-D2V rev 1.0

CPU: Intel BX80637G2030 CPU/Pentium G2030 3.00GHz 3M LGA1155 BOX

RAM: 4GB DDR3 Kingston

HDD: WD 2.5" 250GB (I m using this hdd for testing, later i us 2x2TB)

I don't know what i m doing wrong.

I tested DSM 4.2 build 3202 on my dell laptop Vostro 350 intel I5 6GB with the same WD HDD 2,5" 250G and here it working it works perfectly i can fully configure the server, transfer files from my PC's to the server, make time machine backups, installed pled media server. It works perfectly but i can't use a laptop as Nas I m using a desktop for the flexibility to add more hod's...

Can some one please help me?

Thanks a lot.

593ef3ade016a_Schermafbeelding2013-10-31om21_13_44.png.503ac3013f21ee2add79d0eb680ecbdb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It would be great if we can get those Avoton boards working fully. has anyone tried them yet?

• Polanskiman changed the title to List of working motherboard with DSM 4.2 build 3202
  • Polanskiman locked this topic