zjcai

Installation failed in KVM with jun's loader 1.04b

CPU: i3-8100

Host OS: ubuntu 18.04

I've set the VM to boot off USB storage that is mapped to the 1.0.4b image file. And I have the NIC configured to emulate e1000. The VM does boot the USB image fine and gets an IP address. In the web interface I selected the DSM_DS918+_23824.pat file. But the installation failed with the "13" error. (failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted. (13) ).

settings of the VM:

image.png.8917902bc5f1cef42c8f76f319a5922e.png

image.png.3e7ea5fcbe94ca28a949db0705f46517.png

image.png.91424e7c56c60d16b3e71bb2a9c99d77.png

error during the installation:

image.thumb.png.6e2f9ac3c101abb6015d4f0c142e5890.png

via the seral consol, there are some error messages during booting:

mount: open failed, msg:No such file or directory
mount: mounting /dev/bus/usb on /proc/bus/usb failed: No such device
ln: /proc/bus/usb/devices: No such file or directory

image.thumb.png.2a2888f02c8e5cd257d7018d90758be7.png

PS: The installation in the same VM with jun's loader 1.02b and DS3617xs  can succeed.

Edited by zjcai

@zjca, I had similar experiences then I found the key to the solution in the Unraid forum. The Q35 machine type does the trick. ;-)

14 hours ago, kaynartzs said:

@zjca, I had similar experiences then I found the key to the solution in the Unraid forum. The Q35 machine type does the trick. ;-)

Thanks. In my case, changing the device type of the virtual disk mapped to the synoboot image (1.0.4b) from usb to sata solves the problem. 

Great. Meanwhile I dug deeper and found that FX440 works as well and the solution doesn't really depend on the machine type but the USB controller model, which must be "qemu-xhci" (USB 3).

• Like 1

kaynartzs , thank you a lot, this resolved my problem ! I also had to enable hpet timer (present=yes) in VM config, because without that it was hanging at 'Calibrating delay loop'

Posted (edited)

I get no boot using thje 1.04 jun 6.2 file at all. I must have installed somthing wrong on the KVM/qemu.  Please  little help on thios :)

I have added the img file. and tried all parameters. but unclare as wht to do in Serial settings to get output. I get onluy black screen . after I see the 3 choises..

EDIT: I think I found my answer I have an olsd Server no EFI. bios. .. bummer.

Edited by Stian hill
Found my errror

Could you please point out for me what that means? I have the same problem. 1.03 works, but in 1.04 the serial ouput is blank.

Do I have to enable UEFI boot for the virtual machine?