Jump to content
XPEnology Community

ASRock Z390M-ITX/AC


NASdeJOSELu
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

My first Xpenology is running with same specs

 

Mobo: Asrock Z390M-ITX/AC

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700

Ram: Patriot 16GB

Chasis: U-NAS 410 with Noctua NH-L9i fan

HDD: Ordinary HDD from old ReadyNAS and Media Center devices.

Xpenology: DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 4 for DS918+ on Jun's Loader 1.04b

 

Only one NIC is working, even though I added entries for mac2(Second NIC) and mac3(Wireless)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm also using this motherboard.

  • Fractal Node304 case (brilliant ITX case)
  • Intel i3-9100
  • AsRock Z390M-ITX motherboard (dual intel nics onboard, 6x sata connectors, M.2 slot)
  • 8Gb RAM
  • 256Gb Adata 256Gb SSD
  • 4 x 8Tb Seagate Ironwolf (from old NAS)

running Jun's Loader 1.04b std version with the std driver extension (hw transcode working, dual nic's working) setup as a 918+. I used the drivers from IG-88's post "Driver extension jun 1.03b/1.04b for DSM6.2.2 for 3615xs / 3617xs / 918+"

 

DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 5 working fine.

 

HW transcoding working.

 

I have both of the internal intel onboard nic's running no problems, cannot get wifi up but I believe that the build of 918+ limits to 2 ethernet adapters. I also haven't got the NVMe M.2 cache running as yet... 

 

I have an Intel X520 10Gb card in it too, but waiting on all my cabling to see if disabling onboard nics will let it be seen, otherwise I might have to try a different build. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, edmo said:

I'm also using this motherboard.

  • Fractal Node304 case (brilliant ITX case)
  • Intel i3-9100
  • AsRock Z390M-ITX motherboard (dual intel nics onboard, 6x sata connectors, M.2 slot)
  •  

 

HW transcoding working.

 

 

 

 

Can you confirm if you can use hw transcoding in plex? 9xxx CPUs were difficult in the past, so I moved to 8xxx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mervincm said:

Can you confirm if you can use hw transcoding in plex? 9xxx CPUs were difficult in the past, so I moved to 8xxx

 

Hi there!

 

Well from what I am seeing definitely yes it is working. When transcoding to my iPhone, as per below Plex dashboard telling me Transcode (hw) and the cpu on the Xpenology not going higher than 3%. When it was sw transcoding I was getting 90+ %

 

Happy to show other details if you wish...

Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, 26 February 2020_10h30m59s_009_.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 6:47 AM, raeesumer said:

My first Xpenology is running with same specs

 

Mobo: Asrock Z390M-ITX/AC

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700

Ram: Patriot 16GB

Chasis: U-NAS 410 with Noctua NH-L9i fan

HDD: Ordinary HDD from old ReadyNAS and Media Center devices.

Xpenology: DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 4 for DS918+ on Jun's Loader 1.04b

 

Only one NIC is working, even though I added entries for mac2(Second NIC) and mac3(Wireless)

are you able to help with my install? I have the ASRock z390m-itx, i3 9100 and no matter what when I go to the find.synology.com, it doesn't find anything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/25/2020 at 11:21 PM, mervincm said:

Can you confirm if you can use hw transcoding in plex? 9xxx CPUs were difficult in the past, so I moved to 8xxx

what did you do to get the install to work? I have the same spec as you, but the find.synology.com doesn't see anything 

Edited by marcjwebb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi
For me only one of the NIC worked. So please try switching the network cable to other network card and start the process again. I just followed the procedure for DS918+
Hope it will help you too.

Does using the 918+ loader limit the amount of drives?

As the 918+ synology only has 4 bays


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/25/2020 at 10:30 AM, edmo said:

...

running Jun's Loader 1.04b std version with the std driver extension (hw transcode working, dual nic's working) setup as a 918+. I used the drivers from IG-88's post "Driver extension jun 1.03b/1.04b for DSM6.2.2 for 3615xs / 3617xs / 918+"

 

DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 5 working fine.

 

HW transcoding working.

 

I have both of the internal intel onboard nic's running no problems, cannot get wifi up but I believe that the build of 918+ limits to 2 ethernet adapters. I also haven't got the NVMe M.2 cache running as yet... 

...

Hi edmo,

 

have you been able to get both NICs working on DSM 6.2.3 as well? I just installed my DIY NAS with 6.2.3 but only one NIC comes up. I tried to download extra.lzma/extra2.lzma for loader 1.04b ds918+ DSM 6.2.3 v0.13.3 from http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=66035132371971554733 but tinyupload is not working. Could you please share your extras/drivers with me in case it's working for you with 6.2.3?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2020 at 6:17 PM, acbranduro said:

Thank you

keep in mind that 918+ has still synologys default for the nic's and thats only two nic's, it more can be added manually but will be reset to two when doing a bigger update (full *.pat file that has 200-300MB)

3615/17 do have a higher default but lack in other areas (like 12 drives as default, no M.2 cache support, no hardware transcoding)

 

13 hours ago, acbranduro said:

Could you please share your extras/drivers with me in case it's working for you with 6.2.3?

i added new links that should al least work a few day's

Edited by IG-88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, IG-88 said:

keep in mind that 918+ has still synologys default for the nic's and thats only two nic's, it can be added manually but will be reset to two when doing a bigger update (full *.pat file that has 200-300MB)

3615/17 do have a higher default but lack in other areas (like 12 drives as default, no M.2 cache support, no hardware transcoding)

What do you mean it will be reset by doing a bigger update? My mainboard has only two NICs and I'm fine with this. The default for the 918+ is two NICs, so everything should be fine :)

Or do you mean it defaults back to 1 NIC after a big update?

 

Thanks for updating the links

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, acbranduro said:

Or do you mean it defaults back to 1 NIC after a big update?

two is fine

i use a two port 10G card and with the onboard its three, was no problem with 3615 so far but since i migrated to a new hardware using 918+ i "loose" one of the ports with a bigger update (ok, for now it was just one case and after 7.0 seems to start this year the 6.2 line might never get a bigger update after 6.2.3 this spring)

Edited by IG-88
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...