XPEnology Community

Endless "migratable" status

Hello,

First off, I'm not a complete noob when it comes to xpenology nor IT in general. Until recently, I had a bunch of boxes (both physical and virtual) running the good old 5.2 version. I however got myself a rackable QNAP NAS 2 weeks ago to simplify my home installation. This QNAP is only a 4 bay NAS and I'm now trying without success to get a backup box running on xpenology 6.2.

I followed the tutorial and get the 1.03b loader to boot on a stick and I can install the pat file (DSM_DS3615xs_23739.pat) on the box ok. I wait for it to do its 10 minute reboot thing and can then connect to the box. However, it always tells me it detected I had disks from a previous installation I can migrate. I was using a bunch of disks from a previous xpenology box so I figured I would try by installing xpenology with a single old 250GB disk that had never been used in an xpenology installation. That time, I got to the set up page, but the "set up" button was greyed out. In the assistant, the status was "upgrading"...and then it got to "Migratable". Wtf?...

Also, I don't know if it matters, but at this screen:

image.thumb.png.51fa00369d0f463be0c29e0b50bc810b.png

I never have the "early console [...] Booting the kernel" part. It always stays at the "[...] to continue." with a blinking cursor below, not sure if this is normal or not.

Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point and it's getting frustrating to lose that much time on this :(.

Would appreciate some input if someone else has experienced the same sort of behavior.

Happy new year in advance

I

I have tried it with loader 1.02b to try it out with DSM 6.1 and a fresh non-used SSD I had laying around. Same thing happens, I always get "migratable". I'm at a loss stuck in this loop. The only thing I can do is do the migration, give it the PAT file again, it will install, reboot and then be migratable again forever.

The only thing is the MB I'm using, my old gaming computer's MB, has only USB 3.0 ports at the back (it's a Maximus Extreme-Z that has a few years). I don't see why this would be an issue, but I know that for certain things USB 2.0 is preferred.

If anyone has a clue, I'd appreciate some help...

Edited by h311m4n

Nevermind, I've lost too much time trying to get this to work and no one responds anyway.

This is too much of a hassle to trust my data with it any longer, even on a backup server. Looked at unraid and although it'll cost me 90$, it seems like a better choice for backing up data.

Still grateful for all the work you guys do, don't take it personally.

Cheers