XPEnology Community

Sil3132 Dsm DSM 6.1.4-15217 Update 1 Jun 6.01

Barbapapa

Hi,

I have problems getting my pci-e sata controller working.

I checked the hardware supported list and the Sil 3132controller should be compatible.

After installing it the drives are not recognizes.

I already tried to change the grub satamapping to 62 (6onboardsataports and 2 on the external card) but this is not working.

Anybody that can help me ? 

for the record after installing the card a new reinstall is not necessary right ?

3 hours ago, bearcat said:

@Barbapapa are your drives configured as AHCI ?

What bootloader and DSM are you trying to use it with?

@bearcat my chipset H110 only support AHCI so this is the default setting (no other option possible)

I use the following bootloader and DSM version:

DS3615XS V6.1 Baremetal Jun's Mod V1.02B

DSM 6.1.4-15217

dont know if it is because the chipset is very limited but when I go into my Bios I cant select a drive thats connected with my pci-e satacontroller those are not visible when I go to harddisks.

@Barbapapa I see, does your extra controller show up, with the connected drives, during POST, before it boots from the USB?

From what I can see, that Sil3132 is a RAID controller, is there a way to configure it to be a "plain" SATA controller, not using RAID?

What version is the built-in BIOS of the controller? You might have to reflash the BIOS to make it a non-raid card.

1 hour ago, bearcat said:

@Barbapapa I see, does your extra controller show up, with the connected drives, during POST, before it boots from the USB?

From what I can see, that Sil3132 is a RAID controller, is there a way to configure it to be a "plain" SATA controller, not using RAID?

What version is the built-in BIOS of the controller? You might have to reflash the BIOS to make it a non-raid card.

@bearcat dont know what i did but right now I can see the controller and drive while booting. its also possible to enter the raid bios, I have only 1 disk attached jbod so there is no raid configured. the sil3132 is indeed a raid controller but i thought this should be no problem as what i have seen on the compatibility list. dont know if it is possible to reflash it to a nonraid controller. now i see it while booting I went into the grub loader and used the following command Appandix SataPortMap=62 (6 for the onboard en 2 for the controller after the command i pressed esc and did a baremetal start but without succes.