XPEnology Community

Tutorial: installing 918+ 6.2.X DSM on 1.04b loader (transcoding)

Olegin

1 час назад, wenlez сказал:

Does baremetal install on AsRock J4105-ITX work with the CPU's turbo? I recall it only run on stock 1.5GHZ.

Hmm...My xeon is working on 3.10 GHz instead of 3.90 GHz in turbo. We need to think about how to switch to turbo mode. Now I'm wondering, has anyone done that?

11 hours ago, Olegin said:

Hmm...My xeon is working on 3.10 GHz instead of 3.90 GHz in turbo. We need to think about how to switch to turbo mode. Now I'm wondering, has anyone done that?

As far as I know, Intel turbo isn't working.  That's why I've been using Proxmox and Xpeno as a guest.  For that, Turbo works.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 11:17 AM, Olegin said:

cd /dev/dri

I have this folder with two files: card0 and renderD128

But, as for this file:

On 12/25/2018 at 11:17 AM, Olegin said:

cat /usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf

I haven't. The command results in "No such file or directory".

Does anyone have any idea why?

Also, while migrating from ds3615xs in DSM 6.1.7 I didn't erase settings and etc.

Hi guy, I've been reading some stuff on the forum. From my understanding.. The Intel nic i219 is not compatible with DSM? 

I almost created this setup:

Gigabyte B360N WIFI

I3 8100

8gb ddr4 2400

PicoPSU 90

Hdd I can use from my previous setup. I just wanted to upgrade, since I will be hosting a website, use it as a plex server, and have various members that stream movies/series from my nas. 

I've been trying to figure out what setup is most useful. I've seen Soms post about 219v not working. This got me worried, because I want to make use of dual lan ports and I prefer Intel nic.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i try to  activate a transco with j4105, some parts works ( QC, DDNS) but when  put the command to verfy the transcoding, say:

/dev/dri$ cat /usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf
{"success":false,"msg":"SN format is wrong."} I try with two Serial Numbers. 

@Olegin any idea? Thanks!

8 hours ago, ksero said:

Hi, i try to  activate a transco with j4105, some parts works ( QC, DDNS) but when  put the command to verfy the transcoding, say:

{"success":false,"msg":"SN format is wrong."} I try with two Serial Numbers. 

@Olegin any idea? Thanks!

I don't understand... I did nothing and now works.... : |😨

{"success":true,"activated_codec":["h264_dec","h264_enc","mpeg4part2_dec","aac_dec","aac_enc","vc1_dec","vc1_enc","hevc_dec","ac3_dec"],"token":"c4bb153f19962434ab57a7bcb7abd93b"}

I don't understand... I did nothing and now works.... : |[emoji32]
{"success":true,"activated_codec":["h264_dec","h264_enc","mpeg4part2_dec","aac_dec","aac_enc","vc1_dec","vc1_enc","hevc_dec","ac3_dec"],"token":"c4bb153f19962434ab57a7bcb7abd93b"}

Hi!
The theoretical procedure seems to work, but when I open the video session and try to play (4K to 1080/720) it has nothing, the use of the cpu, neither moves, nor is it changed with the Plex, it is set to 99%, but it is not flowing.
By the way, what command do you use, in the captures you have put.
Thank you !!

@Olegin 

Thanks again for all  your work on this.

Question:

Currently on one of my machines running 918+ 1.04b i do NOT have a dev/dri folder.

I have purchased new Z390 board + i5-8400 with UHD 630 Ipgu

Can i simply swap this new hardware in, and the dev/dri folder will show up?

Or will i have to do some kind of re-installation?

p.s ive tested new motherboard and cpu and they work with Xpenology

Helo everyone, I have worked very well old HP Gen8 1265L V3, but there isn't hardware h265 encoding / decoding. So I decide to built new super energy saving and at least handle 3 transcoded streams 4k 10 bit h265 to 4k h265. As usual the price is important. So I bought:

Fujitsu  LIFEBOOK E557 ( Laptop ) for 200 Euros

CPU Intel i3 7100U

Integrated HD Graphics 620 (Execution Units24) ( J4105 only 12 Units, J5005 - 18 Units )

Intel i219V

4 GB ( will expand to 8GB when it's done)

(HD Graphics in Plex should handled 3-5 streams transcoding 4k h265 main10 to 4k h264)

I spent few days of making my new Xpenology Serwer.

Using many USB drive, I can tell that many making 13 error, Working:

1. USB-MicroSD card reader - Chip china Vendor ID: 0x1908 Product ID: 0x0226

2. SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16 GB ( color series ) Vendor ID: 0x0781, Product ID: 0x5567

Many others Sandisk doesn't work.

Working is not completely done because I cannot get workin 6.2.1 23824 with 1.04b, it's instilling, rebooting installing again, when You tryin to connect to server, Synology momentaly stoped  ethernet interface.

But there is some cheat working for me:

1. Using 1.03a2 loader install 6.2 23739

2. After first restart immediately PowerOff

3. Use brand new USB with 1.04b

4. Finishing install, creating account and etc.

System is working properly with Intel I219

After upgrade to 6.2.1 23824, Everything is going ok but you will lose connection to ethernet port.

There is few two real 918+ sn and Macs if anybody needs

Sn: 1780PDN645708

Mac1: 0011327b9be5

Mac2: 0011327b9be6

Sn: 1880PDN645708

Mac1: 00113294b9db

Mac2: 00113294b9dc

Next step is buying second Ethernet Interface (USB or m.2) on I210 or R8111 and will try 6.2.1 Upgrade again. Then I will add 4xSATA marvel kontroler on m.2 > PCIe riser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Transcoding was working on my old hardware, replaced the system board and now it does not work anymore.

old system Lenovo TS140 w e3-1225v3 (Haswell) replacement asus prime z390A w i5-9600k

I moved the USB-key, NIC (10GE), and HBA, all HDD to the new system board, it boots as expected, but in plex hardware encoding and hw decoding never seems to kick in anymore.

I believe  I am on bootloader 1.04B ( can you check without a monitor connected? I run it headless)

Latest DSM and plex media server and plex-pass.

I connect to DSM with WinSCP and I see the /dev/ folder but not the dri subfolder.  also, I see /usr/syno/etc/ but no codec/activation.conf.

On 3/8/2019 at 8:33 PM, Captainfingerbang said:

@Olegin 

Thanks again for all  your work on this.

Question:

Currently on one of my machines running 918+ 1.04b i do NOT have a dev/dri folder.

I have purchased new Z390 board + i5-8400 with UHD 630 Ipgu

Can i simply swap this new hardware in, and the dev/dri folder will show up?

Or will i have to do some kind of re-installation?

p.s ive tested new motherboard and cpu and they work with Xpenology

I have a 9600K on a Z390 board and it also doesn't show up (i5 7400 did). The driver is too old, from what I gather there is not much we can do about it. The kernel has to be updated most likely. The iGPU is detected in lspci, i915 is loaded but unused.