XPEnology Community

vmxnet3 on 1.03b for ESXi on DSM 6.2.1

kazuni

If you read my threads I was one of the first few that made 1.04B work on esxi.

I've read enough to know that it's not natively going to work, but have you heard of loading extra.lzma to make non-standards to work?

Precisely, if people adds certified 10Gbe NICs they would on a real DS environment, so I am asking if anyone had successfully injected card drivers that works (like the works of IG-88 for example).

Edited by kazuni

1 hour ago, kazuni said:

[...]so I am asking if anyone had successfully injected card drivers that works[...]

Hi kazuni,

i have tried to compile some drivers for 6.2.1. Some of them without success(Skystar2 and TT-Budget-s2-4200 Cards), others needs testing (Broadcom TG3 from https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/12866-drivers-requests-for-dsm-62/?do=findComment&comment=99410). The compile process is working for the tv-cards but injecting through errors like "can not load driver. Error -12". i cant reproduce the error on 6.2..but until now i havent find the time to compile other drivers, like vmxnet. i will try it in some days.

1 hour ago, fa2k said:

Hi kazuni,

i have tried to compile some drivers for 6.2.1. Some of them without success(Skystar2 and TT-Budget-s2-4200 Cards), others needs testing (Broadcom TG3 from https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/12866-drivers-requests-for-dsm-62/?do=findComment&comment=99410). The compile process is working for the tv-cards but injecting through errors like "can not load driver. Error -12". i cant reproduce the error on 6.2..but until now i havent find the time to compile other drivers, like vmxnet. i will try it in some days.

Much, much appreciated.  I will do so on my own time to do the compilation too, because I wanted to also passthru a Connectx-2/3/4 to the PowerEdge server I have.

The built in Broadcom NetXtreme II s on the server (R510/610/710s) do not work with compiled drivers as they require a special boot process that requires an intel NIC being booted up first, and also a certain version of the Firmware, amongst other things.