XPEnology Community

Shutdown does work

rickym

Question

I have a Mitac PD10BI motherboard. I think they are normally only used for commercial applications. It has a Bay Trail J1900 processor. It is working fine running Xpenology Ds918 0n 1.04b boot loader with one problem. It won't shut down. I tried the program that someone made to shut down nas but still won't. Only way to shutdown is a hard shutdown with the power button. I am guessing eventually my system will get corrupted. Any suggestions. It's a great little board and runs way better than I expected, especially with Plex Media Server. Thanks in advance.

8 answers to this question

No luck with shut down. Once I initiate shutdown it does something as I can no longer access nas but fan still running and it's showing up in my router so I guess I am stuck. I am running ds918. I don't know if a different version would have different results.

Edited by rickym

I have another question. I found I wasn't using the correct shutdown for 918. I installed version 6.2.02.  Same as before. It almost shuts down though the fans still run but I can not longer access server. Do you think if I hard shut it down after that it is likely to corrupt files? Did it a couple of times and it still boots fine. Maybe back to to openmedaivault software but really like xpenology.

Hello rickym,

I have a couple motherboards I am testing which are running the DS918+ boot loader and DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 2.  When I set them up initially, I used the 1.03a boot loader and a graceful shutdown was normal  When boot loader 1.04b became available, I thought I would switch to it.  When I made the switch I discovered a graceful shutdown was not possible.  So I just reverted back to the older boot loader.  The older 1.03a boot loader only recognizes Intel Network Interface Cards.  I am using a couple ASRock J3455-ITX motherboards and have the internal Realtek NIC disabled.  I threw in an Intel NIC in the PCIe slot.  A little inconvenient but I didn't want to take a chance on corrupting the test data by doing a hard shutdown.  Something else I could not get to work with the 1.04b boot loader was hardware transcoding.  I have it working with the older 1.03a boot loader.

• Thanks 1