XPEnology Community

MSI MAG Z390M MORTAR + Intel 8th

sakko

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 8:25 PM, sakko said:

Hello guys,

is xpenology compatible with Z390M and 8th gen Intel? I use the DSM 6.2 and Jun‘s loader 1.03, but I can‘t find the NAS over find.synology.com. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

yes it is..

I use the H370 chipset with a 8300T Intel CPU. I use 1.04 Loader 918+ and DSM 6.2.1 Update 2. But I have a Intel NIC.

It is more a problem of the used NIC. If your network card is not supported, you can try it with the driver packs für your Loader. For Loader 1.03 DS918+ and Loader 1.02 DS3115/17 are some available....

Alex

1 hour ago, Lexizilla said:

yes it is..

I use the H370 chipset with a 8300T Intel CPU. I use 1.04 Loader 918+ and DSM 6.2.1 Update 2. But I have a Intel NIC.

It is more a problem of the used NIC. If your network card is not supported, you can try it with the driver packs für your Loader. For Loader 1.03 DS918+ and Loader 1.02 DS3115/17 are some available....

Alex

İ’ve tried almost every loader, but can‘t reach the NIC over find.synology.com. I also used the additional driver set without sucessfully results :/ I think the Z390M Chipset is not supported. 

@sakko This community is in fact very helpful, but some of the users are not... 

Thy don't even bother to specify the hardware they are using, and have problems with, can you believe it ?

Like, what make and model of the mainboard, what BIOS level, and they want anyone else to google and find the nic they have on their mb... go figure...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NASdeJOSELu said:

I bought this badge, and I have not resided, but I hope it works

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf

The NİC on this MOBO is another than the NİC on the MSİ MOBO. That is the reason why it works in your case. There’s no updated driver for the İ219-V nic. 

Edited by sakko