XPEnology Community

Recommended 8 port gigabyte managed Smart Switches

djwayne1985

Question

11 answers to this question

I use a Cisco SG200-08. It is not that cheap but I think it is a very good piece of equipment. It has a lifetime warranty so it is worth it and among many other functionalities it is IEEE 802.3ad compliant, meaning you can actually aggregate ports.

i have been looking at them but like you say its not really that cheap lol

i have been looking at them but like you say its not really that cheap lol 

If you need link aggregation you wont find much cheaper than that if memory serves me well. I could be wrong as I bought mine several years ago. If no link aggregation needed then there is a pletora of switches at all prices and most will do the job just fine.

1 minute ago, Polanskiman said:

If you need link aggregation you wont find much cheaper than that if memory serves me well. I could be wrong as I bought mine several years ago. If no link aggregation needed then there is a pletora of switches at all prices and most will do the job just fine.

it is link aggregation im after as gettin a new dual lan pci card for my server lol but ill defo keep lookin into gettin one but at the mo with xmass being just round the corner its a little tricky lol

I bought 3 months ago the following switch: ZyXEL GS1900-10HP, 8-Port PoE, Smart Managed Switch. At the moment it cost ~100 € in Germany.

I use it for link aggregation.

Edited by Guest