XPEnology Community

Help on restoring

ronin

Hi Guys,

I need some help and I hope one of your experts can help me. I am new to xpenology but up untill now everything went quite ok with all the info on the forum.

Let me explain what I did:

I have a N54L, running ESXI5.5 and Xpenology in a VM. (DSM5 beta update 1)

2x3TB WD Reds in JBOD having 1 Volume (2 datastores)

I was testing around in DSM when I tried to use restore settings to defaults in DSM . Then it went wrong. Syno Assistant states No DSM Installed.

I tried to setup a new VM, and got DSM back up running. However, when I connect the 2 datastorefiles to the VM and reboot, it states there is no installed DSM.

There is some data I would like to preserve (yes, I know about backups :smile: , but I was wondering if someone can guide me on solving this?

If I disconnect the 2 disks, DSM comes up again

Is there a way to get access to the data again? Do I need to re-install DSM? Will it wipe my data? As far as I understood, DSM software is partially installed on de Volume? Please help me out guys.

Great work!

//edit smal additions

So......I am almost there.......luckily :smile:

What I did:

create a new VM created with gnoboot latest alfa. I installed synology DSM 5.0 final.

After this, I added my 2 diskfiles to my VM. After setting the right permissions for the admin account, I am able to access my files in the old volume (now Volume 2)

In the meantime I am backing up the files I wanted, but the storagemanager states the following:

"failed to access the storage partition. Please repair it by clicking the following link"

What do you guys reckon? Yes or no?

Cheers

This worked so I am back in Business! :smile: Keep up the great work!

So......I am almost there.......luckily :smile:

What I did:

create a new VM created with gnoboot latest alfa. I installed synology DSM 5.0 final.

After this, I added my 2 diskfiles to my VM. After setting the right permissions for the admin account, I am able to access my files in the old volume (now Volume 2)

In the meantime I am backing up the files I wanted, but the storagemanager states the following:

"failed to access the storage partition. Please repair it by clicking the following link"

What do you guys reckon? Yes or no?

Cheers