XPEnology Community

3615 v 3617

siri_uk

Hi guys,

I currently have a server running DSM 6.2 23739 update 2 with loader 1.03b 3615xs. The system has an i5 3470t (identifies as an i3-4130). Would I benefit from updating to 3617 in any way, would it be better to install a Xeon CPU?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That's a low power CPU.. Perfect for a NAS..  :)

I have the 4785T (just got recently)..

All CPUs are 'identified' as i3 4130's on these boxes.. It's hard coded but doesn't affect the speed of your chip..

I've looked into trying to change it to match what I actually have but can't find where to do it..

As far as upgrade from 3615 to 3617.. Probably not much - but I'm going to do it anyway soon.. Will let you know how I get on.

CPU upgrade will depend on whether you transcode or not.. If you don't transcode, don't bother upgrading...

FYI.. What that CPU will limit you in is using the DS918+ image.. It's not supported (doesn't work - you won't get an IP address)..

On 10/29/2018 at 3:22 AM, Hostilian said:

All CPUs are 'identified' as i3 4130's on these boxes.. It's hard coded but doesn't affect the speed of your chip..

I've looked into trying to change it to match what I actually have but can't find where to do it..

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13030-dsm-5x6x-cpu-name-cores-infomation-change-tool/

• Like 1