XPEnology Community

NAS not visible in the network after a shutdown (N54L)

Digitair

I've upgraded my  N54L to DSM 6.1.4. Everything was running fine after the upgrade. The NAS is shutting down each evening by a schedule. After this shutdown I can't reconnect to the NAS anymore.

It seems to me that it hasn't saved some settings or not booting fully. In my router I can't find the NAS being connected or claiming an IP Address. It's not visible in the synology assistant too.

If I start the NAS in 'reinstall' mode it's claiming an IP address or if use a static IP, it shows the correct one and it's visible in the synology assistant. I can then reinstall the same version and all is working, until the next shutdown,.

C1E in the Bios is disabled.

Using DCHP or static IP doesn't make a difference.

Anyone an idea what could be causing this or what I can check?

• 4 weeks later...

@Digitair

Just a little rhetoric question:

If it was being shut down (power off), how did / do you reconnect to it?

Actually, it makes sense that a powered off unit is not claiming an IP in your router (after the normal lease-time runs out),

and it should not be showing up in the Syno Assistent either, as that only finds "live" units, with an IP address.

You are right, that was not really well described. I meant, when the NAS had a reboot or shutdown and was turned back on, I couldn't access it anymore. It didn't claim an IP then (turned on again).

I could only find when booting with the 'reinstall' option in my synology assistant. 

• Thanks 2