jadehawk

Tutorial: Install DSM 6.2 on HP Mediasmart EX485 or EX490

I made a tutorial in video form since I am more of a visual type of learner, I finally figure out what I needed ot get DSM installed and would have like to have found a video. So I made one.

Hope this helps anyone, that wants to install DSM in practically any hardware, since the steps are the same. On the video I did do it on a HP EX485.

Installation of DSM 6.2 on HP ex485 or ex490 - Step by Step

• Like 1

Hi Jadehawk

Thank you for your awesome tutorial!
I have two EX490s, one at home and one in the office.

Unfortunately the one in the office stops responding after uploading the DSMxxx.pat. It shows up, asks for the file during manual installation, then reboots and is not reachable. I have a VGA/PS2 dongle so i can boot up Hirens Boot CD to see if there is anything wrong, but from there i can see all disks being partitioned and also have LAN Access, so i don't think it has anything to do with my hardware. Using the older 1.02b loader and the older 6.1 installation everything is working. my machine at home has not yet been updated. can you give me any clue where the error might be?

cheers

ScottVega

definitely no expert here.. just a newbie, however if you say you do have access to LAN when using the hiren boot cd. have you tried manually trying to connect to the ex490 from the office at its ip address directly. x.x.x.x:5000 ?

Sorry friend but I am not not of a help. since I just now learn to do this to my little mediaservers..

I have an ex485 and I had no problem using the bottom drive on my server.