advin

NVMe cache support

Any idea why only 1 of the 2 identical drives is listed correctly with name? They are identical drives so a bit puzzling.. DSM also gave the warning about using different drives for NVME cache when recreating it.

billede.png.6ce75e3558a174edd7e11c35d9d4fa75.png

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the efford. Works on "6.2.3-25426".

Just one question, I can not select R/W cache. It is disabled, any guess why ?

123.PNG

I'll answer my question. It will help next hits. It is greyed out because I only have one nvme drive installed that is why I am limited with the read-only cache.

Edited by Jlozde

После обновления на 6.2.3-25426, отвалился кеш. выше инструкцией все сделал, все заработало в штатном режиме! Спасибо!

I am having some problem with the configuration of my nvme in a clean installation 6.2.3

through ssh it is seen that the system recognizes the disk but in the storage manager it does not appear

I have tried the script provided in previous pages but I don't get anything: S

root@abc:~# nvme list
Node             SN                   Model                                    Namespace Usage                      Format           FW Rev
---------------- -------------------- ---------------------------------------- --------- -------------------------- ---------------- --------
/dev/nvme0n1     1842E1D1E662         CT500P1SSD8                              1         500.11  GB / 500.11  GB    512   B +  0 B   P3CR010
/dev/nvme0n1p1   1842E1D1E662         CT500P1SSD8                              1         500.11  GB / 500.11  GB    512   B +  0 B   P3CR010
/dev/nvme0n1p2   1842E1D1E662         CT500P1SSD8                              1         500.11  GB / 500.11  GB    512   B +  0 B   P3CR010
/dev/nvme0n1p3   1842E1D1E662         CT500P1SSD8                              1         500.11  GB / 500.11  GB    512   B +  0 B   P3CR010

You need to get the  script to work, otherwise it doesnt modify the piece required and DSM will not see your NVME drives.  the linux subsystem will see them, but nothing in the DSM storage manager.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:54 AM, The Chief said:

It works on  -25426 without any glitch. Feel free to update.

worked for me.  forgot to post earlier thx!

image.thumb.png.59f4deb6a6c61311554361c03b82ae93.png

I don't know whay i'm doing wrong

I put libNVMEpatch.sh on /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ with 0755 permisions and reboot.

This isn't enough?

The drive must be with a partition table specific or something?

On 6/5/2020 at 12:55 PM, AsTuRkInG said:

I don't know whay i'm doing wrong

I put libNVMEpatch.sh on /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ with 0755 permisions and reboot.

This isn't enough?

The drive must be with a partition table specific or something?

Please have a look at posts: 91 / 93 / 98 

Does anyone know how to remove this nvme patch so that one can use the nvme drive as storage again?

Synology does not permit the use of NVME as storage, only cache, at lease in the 918+

22 minutes ago, mervincm said:

Synology does not permit the use of NVME as storage, only cache, at lease in the 918+

Yes, I understand that but before applying the NVME patch, synology recognize nvme drives as normal drives only available to use as storage drives. So, I'm just wondering if there's a way to remove the patch.

Posted (edited)

That is incorrect. Without the patch they are not recognized at all by Synology's utilities (they are accessible by Linux).  You can hack them in as storage but it is not supported or safe, and it does not matter whether the patch is installed or not.  If you want to remove the patch, put the original file back.

Edited by flyride
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, flyride said:

That is incorrect. Without the patch they are not recognized at all by Synology's utilities (they are accessible by Linux).  You can hack them in as storage but it is not supported or safe, and it does not matter whether the patch is installed or not.  If you want to remove the patch, put the original file back.

Thank you so much for clearification.