XPEnology Community

Cloud Station Server guide?

zodde

Hi!

I have now run my gen8 server whit DSM 6.2 and works great!  Now I thought to start up a Cloud Server for myself but I dont really find any good guides or videos, the videos i found shows how to sync files between windows and nas, or mac and nas whit Cloud Station Drive. 

I want to use the DS Cloud to send my photos of kids and dog etc directly up to my nas, just like my photos sends to my icloud accout. I think DS Cloud is the correct app to use, but i might be wrong, so, does anyone know anything how to do this on a correct way? B00tytrap have done some good videos on how to whit xpenology, it would be awesome to find some similar explanation on how to setup cloud station server and ose DS Cloud on my iphone. 

I will continue to look for guides and videos, but if anyone have done this successfully I would appreciate to get some help whit how they did :)

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Dfds said:

Varför inte konfigurera Photo Station på servern och använd DSPhoto-appen på din telefon, fungerar bra för mig.

Have not figured so, Cloud Station Server sounded right when I saved my pictures on the server's "clouds".

Are your photos automatically saved from your phone to the server with Photo Station, or do you transfer it on your own when you know or how does it work?

5 hours ago, zodde said:

Have not figured so, Cloud Station Server sounded right when I saved my pictures on the server's "clouds".

Are your photos automatically saved from your phone to the server with Photo Station, or do you transfer it on your own when you know or how does it work?

I do it manually but I believe you can automate it.

On 2018-10-09 at 23:47, Dfds said:

Jag gör det manuellt men jag tror att du kan automatisera det.

Though that it could be good to update about my cloud work :) 

Installed Nextcloud and php, phpmyadmin etc, and works just like i want. Awesome, both for the phone app and on the computer! I litle configs and so on but it works great!