XPEnology Community

Rollback from DSM 6.2.1-23824 to DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2

Today I've tried to upgrade my HP N40L Microserver but the onboard nic won't work anymore.

I want to rollback to DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2.

I've tried the following; 

Flashed my USB with the latest bootloader 1.03b and starter the NAS.

The NAS is reachable but only has the recovery option, but after the recovery the nic isn't reachable again.

How can I force the install to use  DSM 6.2.1-23824, and hopefully without any data loss only config loss.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, luchuma said:

there is instruction in

But I don't understand that one for now, I need to use the zImage, extra.gz and rd.gz from another image but which one? 

How to downgrade:

Replace zImage, extra.gz and rd.gz (open synology.img -> image.img with 7Zip) with the one from DS3615xs (use the opposite of what you have installed currently) so you will force a reinstall of DSM. You cannot migrate the settings, so you have to do a clean install (keeps your data). Afterwards replace the above files again with your original bootloader, for me its DS3617xs and do a fresh install again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 5:33 PM, chipped said:

Thanks for the tip guys. Saved my bacon today too :)

it is not clear to me what the process is:

-change the above mentioned 3 files on the already prepared USB stick? What pat file do you use then?

-or you change them in the PAT file?

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Lillzo said:

it is not clear to me what the process is:

-change the above mentioned 3 files on the already prepared USB stick? What pat file do you use then?

-or you change them in the PAT file?

Thanks.

How to downgrade:

Replace zImage, extra.gz and rd.gz (open synology.img -> image.img with 7Zip) with the one from DS3615xs (use the opposite of what you have installed currently) so you will force a reinstall of DSM.

You cannot migrate the settings, so you have to do a clean install (keeps your data). Afterwards replace the above files again with your original bootloader, for me its DS3617xs and do a fresh install again.

What this means is, if you have 3617, then download the 3615 loader. Extract the files above using 7zip from the 3615 loader, use OSFMount to modify the 3617 with those files (by replacing them) and then make a USB with this modified 3617 loader.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 6:16 PM, chipped said:

How to downgrade:

Replace zImage, extra.gz and rd.gz (open synology.img -> image.img with 7Zip) with the one from DS3615xs (use the opposite of what you have installed currently) so you will force a reinstall of DSM.

You cannot migrate the settings, so you have to do a clean install (keeps your data). Afterwards replace the above files again with your original bootloader, for me its DS3617xs and do a fresh install again.

What this means is, if you have 3617, then download the 3615 loader. Extract the files above using 7zip from the 3615 loader, use OSFMount to modify the 3617 with those files (by replacing them) and then make a USB with this modified 3617 loader.

Hi, 

Do you mean to extract synoboot.img, take the image.img from there, and then remove the zimage, extra.lzma and rd.gz ? Can we just take the image.img file from one loader to replaced in the other loader?