XPEnology Community

Loader 6.1 and 6.2 cannot see HDDs thru IOCrest Sata card

Elpee

Hello,

My motherboard has 4 ports and I want to build a xpenology nas with 8 HDDs. I bought a IOCrest 4 ports sata card. Windows 2016 could see 4 HDDs thru this card but xpenology couldn't, doesn't matter I used 6.1 or 6.2 loader. Checked and found this sata card using chip Marvell 9218.

Can anybody confirme if xpenology supports this card? Or I missing something?

Thank you.

Try a telnet session check the pci devices and dmesg output to see whats going on with the drivers/modules.

I'm using several syba branded cards using the marvell 9235 chipset on 5.2, 6.1 and 6.2, works fine https://www.amazon.co.uk/Syba-SI-PEX40064-Controller-Profile-Brackets/dp/B00AZ9T3OU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538236440&sr=8-1&keywords=syba+sata and afaik the 9215 uses the same driver/module so it should work. You could try a 5.2 boot, there are more drivers in that version.

Post some more info about your mobo too, might help diagnostics.

You could also try disabling any unused devices on the mobo; sound, parallel, IDE etc. I've seen situations where pci devices dont work because of no resources, if you dmesg the 6.1 you might see some error messages.

Thank you, guys for your replies.

Just FYI.

My mobo is Asrock H87M Prod4 that has 2 PCIe slots. I moved the card to another slot but didn't work either.

Went to bios and disabled sound, parallel, serial, Infrared. Changed Primary Graphic Adapter from PCIe to Onboard,... but to no avail.

Sorry, I don't know how to check dmesg output.

I put a 2-ports card that has Asmedia chip on the same slot, DSM 6.2 recognized HDDs.

Anyway, I just bought a Dell perc h310 hba card and flashed it to IT mode. It worked like a champ and I'll keep it to build my Nas.