XPEnology Community

Asrock J4205-itx with DS918+ (Hardware acceleration)

Profiler64

Question

Hello everybody.

I installed on my ASrock J4205-itx Mainboard the Junsloader 1.03a2 for DS918+.

That's worked perfectly and everything is fine.

But my Hardware transcoding didn't worked. it works only with Software encoding and really really slow.

Here is my complete Setup:

Asrock J4205-ITX

Intel Pentium J4205 Intel HD 505 Graphics Apollolake (the original in the DS918+ is Intel Celeron J3455 Quad Core Apollolake Intel® HD-Grafik 500 )

2x 4GB 1600mhz DDR3 RAM

DS918+

DSM 6.2 (23739)

Jun's loader 103a2 with extra.lzma for DS918+ v0.5

Real MAC/SN

So my first Step was to check the activation.conf.

activation.png.5bb0db472c897716b90a25d701ed0d90.png

Everything fine. Then i checked the /dev/dir folder

card.png.41fa72320634b705e3cc5e5657c65d19.png

Also everything fine.

Then I checked the processes and when I offline transcode there is only the ffmpeg process and not the gst-launch-1.0 process.

process.thumb.png.3dd3500a3480d3df5e3a929315f111bb.png

But I dont know why.

For a 45min Video (h265) i need over 2h to transcode and the CPU only works with 10% or less.

Here is my output from the Kerneldriver:

1053153978_Kerneldriver.png.632cb269309dd4709d6ce1b1b784cd86.png

I dont know why it won't work and am really sad about it because this should be the main task from the Server.

Maybe I have to change some settings in the Mainboard but i changed everything. I wasted over 15 hours for nothing.

Please help me if you can!

8 answers to this question

3 часа назад, Profiler64 сказал:

Then I checked the processes and when I offline transcode there is only the ffmpeg process and not the gst-launch-1.0 process

gst-launch-1.0 is obsolete!

only ffmpeg

try it: offline transcode > online transcode

pull here sample video (h265) , I'll try it

Edited by Архип

10 minutes ago, Архип said:

gst-launch-1.0 is obsolete! 

only ffmpeg

try it: offline transcode > online transcode

pull here sample video (h265) , I'll try it

Should I upload a sample video here? Or what do you mean? But transcode 2 hours is way too long for a 45 minute video or not?

Ok i figuered something out.

When the Server was started a few minutes ago i’m not able to start a offline transcoding from h265 or h264.

Online transcoding (viewing in Browser) works only with h264. H265 videos didn’t load.

When I put a h265 video in the transcoding queue it fails after few seconds.

After that I made a restart and then die H265 video in the queue started transcoding (really slow).

When the offline transcoding is running I’m able to start a online h265 transcoding (with massive lags).

Then I stopped the offline transcoding and the online transcoding and at this point I’m not longer able to restart one of the transcoding.

Here you can find some samples. https://x265.com/hevc-video-files/

Thanks for the help :)

Update: I waited until he transcoded a h265 video after a restart from the example site. At 100% it comes to an error. I don't know what to do :(

Edited by Profiler64

Ok it looks exactly like your htop overview. But my Diskwirte is significantly lower and so slow that you can buffer 10 sekunden for 2 seconds of video. And my problem is still that it only transcode when the Server ist fresh started with a transcoding task in the queue. Then I can start a stream and cancel the offline transcoding. When you stop transcoding (online or offline) you can't restart it. Only with a restart of the whole Server.

I think you can't help me but thanks for your help.

I hope the problem will be solved with a Loader update but i think i can wait a long time.😪

Spoiler

htop.thumb.png.327e881862886616264880ca68fdda56.png