XPEnology Community

DSM virtual machine not accessible after successful installation

dan13l

Hello, 

Due a failure on my system I needed to reinstall my DSM on Vmware 12 Workstation running on Win 2016 Server. The image installed is DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha ISO and i installed using the procedure from here https://xpenology.club/setup-xpenology-vmware-workstation-12/ . Everything went well until the end of the procedure. I used Synology asistant which found the IP of the DSM saying not installed. I clicked on install and a webpage opened.  I clicked on the HDD icon on the web page, which downloaded something, then the page was displaying the timer of 10 mins and saying install. 

The VM did rebooted once and came back. Now the machine looks as running but no web page for login. Also the assistant does not find the machine at the IP address which was initially found (DHCP reserved). Also I scanned the network and no IP with DSM host name.  Also I do not know if I can do something from the console to see which services are started.

I did the procedure 2 times, I tred everything from the posts below the procedure, I added/removed NICs but no success, any suggestion what to do is welcome.

image.thumb.png.71e3b48401fa4d3e9351f62e0b918812.png

Kind regards,

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...