XPEnology Community

3 basic drives all show the same usage

KeithW

Question

I have installed 3 brand new drives in my NAS and shared them. After mapping those drives in windows they all show the same free and used space which is only accurate for the first drive which I have put data on. The other 2 drives are empty but show the same amount of used space as the first drive.When I look on the NAS they are correct, it is just windows explorer which shows the problem.

drives.JPG

Edited by KeithW

3 answers to this question

Hi, there was a known bug with samba system that it would report root capacity with the *nix systems. But I guess yours' is a little bit confusing. I strongly suspect that you have create all 3 sub-volume on the same volume (presumably you would be using Btrs)

Please check the following

1. Check Storage manager, check how many storage pools and volumes you have. If you want to use 3 drive as 3 separate volume, you should have 3 pool and 3 volume
  2. Check Control Panel -> Shared Folder, you should have at least 1 shared folder on each volume, it could be chosen when created or be moved afterward.

Hope this solve your problem

Edited by sunfishdied
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sunfishdied said:

1. Check Control Panel -> Shared Folder, you should have at least 1 shared folder on each volume, it could be chosen when created or be moved afterward.

Yep that is it, I somehow created 3 different shares on the same volume. Thanks