XPEnology Community

Intel G4560 and MSI B250M bare metal setup, small problems

un4given

Hello every1,

so before switching from 5.2 to 6.2 and also changing my Athlon 5350 Build to G4560 i decided to build a small Test NAS with G4560 and see if i have any problems.

Pity, problems came - functionality is missing which actually was the reason i didnt switch to unraid. My Power Settings doenst seem to work.

For me it is very important that my NAS Automatically shuts down and starts again at some specific time. After i installed 6.2 and did basic configuration i tried to restart the NAS. This worked flawlessly. But as soon as i wanted to Shutdown the NAS manually, not very much happened. I heard the HDD shutdown but the mainboard kept running till i pushed power button.

Any1 can help me with the investigation? What else can i do?  I already tried different BIOS Settings, but nothing helped. I read that i also should try new CR2032 Mainboard battery and see how it goes. For me, it definately is a mainboard problem. 

Hope some1 has other ideas how i could proceed. I like Synology for its nice and tidy UI and functionality and dont want to switch to unraid or run synology in a VM on unraid

thx in advance

Have you tried a 5.2 and or 6.1 installation and power management on the G4560 board? It sounds like it is a board issue but you could test with other DSM versions to help diagnose. Also, you say you checked the bios, but there may be 'advanced' options to enable/disable O/S or power button control of power. It could be a 'sleep' setting. What is the actual mobo brand/model?

1 minute ago, sbv3000 said:

Have you tried a 5.2 and or 6.1 installation and power management on the G4560 board? It sounds like it is a board issue but you could test with other DSM versions to help diagnose. Also, you say you checked the bios, but there may be 'advanced' options to enable/disable O/S or power button control of power. It could be a 'sleep' setting. What is the actual mobo brand/model?

oh, sry. i forgot to mention the board. it is MSI B250M Mortar with 16GB Memory.

I went through all possible settings, but nothing helped. but it is hard to say, maybe there is a combination which will work. need to spend some more time testing. thought maybe some1 had already issues, since there are some users in forum with similar combo of G4560 and B250M boards.

i will also try to run 6.1 on my old hardware. Ahtlon 5350 with AM1 ITX board. if it works, so its hardware issue. Most probably it is the mainboard issue. i saw other users were able to use this combo with 1.03a DS918+ loader. lets see how it will work for me.

i will also try to run the new combo on 5.2 and see how it will run.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...