XPEnology Community

Tutorial: Install DSM 6.2 on ESXi 6.7

luchuma

On 4/25/2019 at 11:38 AM, Eliam said:

Dp you have any news ? :)

i love your work

Couldn't get 1 to work, the others are certainly doable (can already do a few bits of them from some test scripts). The main problem is time.

Edited by swords80

On 4/25/2019 at 1:26 AM, neolead said:

Okay...

Synology 24922 esxi 
Clear installed on esxi 6.7

https://mega.nz/#!eWokUSiS!6_vFRKsBzHFB2DPIUTK39azLcWPA8sl58aF9otD0Gbc
admin:synology2019$$$
mac1=0011322CA785

Thanks mate, I just tried it, and it starts up just fine!

One thing: how to change the mac1? As I already have one DSM running with 011322CA785.

Edited by sl0n

• 2 weeks later...

Works Perfectly   

I installed DS3617  on VMware ESXi  after instal conform the above guide.  

After that I increased CPU to 4   and memory to 16gb  without problems.

After that I also tried to upgrade to 6.2.2-24922 Update 2  Also without problems!

Just a happy user :)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

That's not normal. Do a refresh of the window or try dismounting and mounting again. The difference I see with my OSFMount is that you have an "Emulation" column which I don't have. What version are you using?

Thank you for your reply. I'm using OSFMount V3.0.1004 with latest version of Windows 10 home.

This is already a fresh install of windows so I think another fresh install probably wouldn't help.

Has anyone had issues with creating snapshot of the xpenology VM while it is running?

I'm running ESXi 6.5u2 with the ds3615 boot loader.

From the hostd.log file:

2019-08-03T22:55:13.046Z warning hostd[D740B70] [Originator@6876 sub=Vmsvc.vm:/vmfs/volumes/5d34e336-71a87f6f-0de8-3417ebba7dbe/Xpenology/Xpenology.vmx opID=esxui-537-8638 user=root] State Transition (VM_STATE_ON -> VM_STATE_CREATE_SNAPSHOT) not allowed for this Vm
2019-08-03T22:55:13.046Z info hostd[D740B70] [Originator@6876 sub=Default opID=esxui-537-8638 user=root] AdapterServer caught exception: vim.fault.InvalidState

Thanks.

Edited by kleenexsample

8 hours ago, kleenexsample said:

Has anyone had issues with creating snapshot of the xpenology VM while it is running?

I'm running ESXi 6.5u2 with the ds3615 boot loader.

From the hostd.log file:

2019-08-03T22:55:13.046Z warning hostd[D740B70] [Originator@6876 sub=Vmsvc.vm:/vmfs/volumes/5d34e336-71a87f6f-0de8-3417ebba7dbe/Xpenology/Xpenology.vmx opID=esxui-537-8638 user=root] State Transition (VM_STATE_ON -> VM_STATE_CREATE_SNAPSHOT) not allowed for this Vm
2019-08-03T22:55:13.046Z info hostd[D740B70] [Originator@6876 sub=Default opID=esxui-537-8638 user=root] AdapterServer caught exception: vim.fault.InvalidState

Thanks.

I don’t think so, but if your struggling you could try this:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2146204

This resolved some snapshot issues for me in the past.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:32 AM, Alphatoad said:

Thank you for your reply. I'm using OSFMount V3.0.1004 with latest version of Windows 10 home.

This is already a fresh install of windows so I think another fresh install probably wouldn't help.

I didn't asked you to re-install Windows, I asked you to refresh your window (explorer window).

Although I don't think the OSFMount version is the issue here, you can try with an earlier version of OSFMount, say, v1.5 or v2.0. I tried with the version your are using (v3.0) and I didn't have any problem. You should re-download the loader for good measures as well.

Just managed to get this working in VMWare Workstation 12 following the first post. I had to change my NIC from e1000 to e1000e, but after that it worked fine. I'm on the latest release now.

What's the best way to get my existing 6.1 install on the 6.2.2 version? Can I just use the new loader (1.02b now, and 1.03b in test VM) and change the NIC and then update the DSM version? Or should I migrate to the new VM?

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, I followed the intro guide here step by step and 3617xs doesn't work. It boots up, but there's no network connection detected. If anyone who has installed 3617xs on ESXi 6.7 can help, I would really appreciate this. I am trying to get 3617xs versus 3615xs since 3617xs supports the Synology Hybrid RAID and I have different HDDs to RDM mount and I cannot use all of them with 3615xs.

21 hours ago, luchuma said:

Show screen of vm config

And serial output

Wysłane z mojego SM-G970F przy użyciu Tapatalka

I'm new on this part. Can you guide me exactly how the serial port should be configured? Do you output it to a text file or what? What's the typical settings for this device?

Well, this is no good. Even with the DS3617xs, it still won't allow the synology hybrid RAID even though their website states that this model supports it.....

----edit----

I am wrong. This model doesn't support SHR.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Storage/Which_models_have_limited_support_for_Synology_Hybrid_RAID_SHR

Edited by srialmaster

wdawd

12 hours ago, srialmaster said:

Well, this is no good. Even with the DS3617xs, it still won't allow the synology hybrid RAID even though their website states that this model supports it.....

----edit----

I am wrong. This model doesn't support SHR.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Storage/Which_models_have_limited_support_for_Synology_Hybrid_RAID_SHR

It is possible, however you need to re-enable it in a config through terminal (SSH/telnet).

https://xpenology.club/enable-shr-in-dsm-6/