FOXBI

DSM 5.x/6.x CPU name & cores infomation Change tool

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, LDiamond said:

SynoManager third-party program still shows the same as in the original.

Screenshot_2018-11-05-22-14-54-665_com.rafakob.synomanager.png

 

Doh!!! I forgot to check this too...I can confirm the same findings/issue, using V5.0 on all 3 of my systems.  It's showing the updated info correctly  in SYSINFO/Control Panel, but "Original Info" when DS Finder & DSM Mobile.  I am sure a quick fix for FOXBI will knock it out. 🕵🏻‍♂️

Edited by gericb
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

DSM 5.x/6.x

doesn't work for DSM 5.2

DiskStation> ./ch_cpuinfo
./ch_cpuinfo: No such file or directory: /bin/bash

DiskStation> ls -lrt
-rwx------    1 admin    users          852 Sep 14 14:14 synosyslog
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         33552 Oct 30 08:14 ch_cpuinfo
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           562 Nov  3 16:34 vpn.reconnect

DiskStation> uname -a
Linux DiskStation 3.10.35 #1 SMP Sun Jul 17 16:02:22 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_bromolow_3615xs

am I doing smth wrong, or the latest ch_cpuinfo ver 5.0 works just for 6.x?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nvrsk said:

 


DiskStation> ./ch_cpuinfo
./ch_cpuinfo: No such file or directory: /bin/bash

DiskStation> ls -lrt
-rwx------    1 admin    users          852 Sep 14 14:14 synosyslog
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         33552 Oct 30 08:14 ch_cpuinfo
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           562 Nov  3 16:34 vpn.reconnect

DiskStation> uname -a
Linux DiskStation 3.10.35 #1 SMP Sun Jul 17 16:02:22 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_bromolow_3615xs

am I doing smth wrong, or the latest ch_cpuinfo ver 5.0 works just for 6.x?

 

Are you running as root?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LDiamond said:

SynoManager third-party program still shows the same as in the original.

 

As mentioned in the main topic, this tool changes the Web UI and does not touch the functionality of the app itself.

 

App such as "DS Finder" probably I thinks that it brings in values from elsewhere. I'm looking for that part too.

 

I will try to reflect when I find it.

 

Thank you for your feedback. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gericb said:

Doh!!! I forgot to check this too...I can confirm the same findings/issue, using V5.0 on all 3 of my systems.  It's showing the updated info correctly  in SYSINFO/Control Panel, but "Original Info" when DS Finder & DSM Mobile.  I am sure a quick fix for FOXBI will knock it out.

 

In DSM Web & Mobile Web Info, the changed values are displayed normally, but App is loading values in DB or elsewhere.

 

Sorce code is not as complicated as it is now, if I found it in the first place :)

 

 I am studying postgres and Ext.js for further help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, nvrsk said:

doesn't work for DSM 5.2


DiskStation> ./ch_cpuinfo
./ch_cpuinfo: No such file or directory: /bin/bash

DiskStation> ls -lrt
-rwx------    1 admin    users          852 Sep 14 14:14 synosyslog
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         33552 Oct 30 08:14 ch_cpuinfo
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           562 Nov  3 16:34 vpn.reconnect

DiskStation> uname -a
Linux DiskStation 3.10.35 #1 SMP Sun Jul 17 16:02:22 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_bromolow_3615xs

am I doing smth wrong, or the latest ch_cpuinfo ver 5.0 works just for 6.x?

 

4 hours ago, Vileserver said:

 

Are you running as root?

 

Add to.

 

id

ls -l /bin/bash

 

Please inform me of the above command result.

 

In the 5.x version, it is not tested directly, so it may not be possible.

 

 

 

Edited by FOXBI
some edited comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also:

 

6 hours ago, nvrsk said:

 


DiskStation> ./ch_cpuinfo
./ch_cpuinfo: No such file or directory: /bin/bash

DiskStation> ls -lrt
-rwx------    1 admin    users          852 Sep 14 14:14 synosyslog
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         33552 Oct 30 08:14 ch_cpuinfo
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           562 Nov  3 16:34 vpn.reconnect

DiskStation> uname -a
Linux DiskStation 3.10.35 #1 SMP Sun Jul 17 16:02:22 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_bromolow_3615xs

 

 

Why does a compile script need to find the bash executable?

 

I thought FOXBI was using the compile to make it easier to run...

I still think source script (.sh) is easier, and better for sharing.  Open source XPEnology 😍

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Vileserver said:

Why does a compile script need to find the bash executable?

 

I thought FOXBI was using the compile to make it easier to run...

I still think source script (.sh) is easier, and better for sharing.  Open source XPEnology 😍

 

 

Typically, shell scripts are created by defining bash, sh, or other shell environments (of course, they work with the default shell environment).

 

Depending on the shell defined, the source code may change (for example, ksh and bash have different ways of handling variable values in the while statement).

 

The source will be shared separately and I do not change that the binary distribute way. (Of course, this time case I'll be share it later because of the code I use for business purposes.)

 

Thank you for your feedback. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FOXBI said:

Typically, shell scripts are created by defining bash, sh, or other shell environments (of course, they work with the default shell environment).

 

Depending on the shell defined, the source code may change (for example, ksh and bash have different ways of handling variable values in the while statement).

 

So what exactly are you using to make a binary executable from a shell script?  I thought, if it is a proper executable then it doesn't need /bin/bash?

 

4 minutes ago, FOXBI said:

Thank you for your feedback. :)

 

Thank you for your code :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vileserver said:

So what exactly are you using to make a binary executable from a shell script?  I thought, if it is a proper executable then it doesn't need /bin/bash?

 

 

As mentioned in the main topic,

 

On 8/17/2018 at 11:41 PM, FOXBI said:

Addtional,

 

Adjust binary to excute file made by shc(http://www.datsi.fi.upm.es/~frosal)

 

 

Exactly speaking, this is encryption. It would be better to understand that you run an encrypted script in a shell environment. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FOXBI said:

 

Exactly speaking, this is encryption. It would be better to understand that you run an encrypted script in a shell environment. :)

 

 

 

OK.  And you're encrypting this why, again?  Because you are worried someone will steal your code?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vileserver said:

OK.  And you're encrypting this why, again?  Because you are worried someone will steal your code?

 

Someone asked a similar question in the past. and, The deployment source has been commented out several times.

 

On 8/21/2018 at 4:14 PM, FOXBI said:
On 8/21/2018 at 2:46 PM, flyride said:

Thank you, however:

 

Can you publish your source script?  I assumed you were loading node.js to run the javascript code, but I am not sure how that could be compiled into an executable file with shc.

 

I do not understand why you prefer to distribute as an executable file, seems a risk for others to accept this.

 

Thanks for the advice.

 

First, This is the system bash shell script, not node.js or javascript.

 

The reason I made this tool binary is that most DSM users do not understand the shell script, so to minimize the possibility of malfunction caused by mistake.

 

Also, I am not a professional developer, so I was embarrassed to publish a script that was made inexact.

 

For that reason, I uploaded it as an executable file, and I thought enough about what could be misunderstood as an executable.

 

It is up you to decide whether to believe or not.

 

If you like, publishing the source is not difficult. Please refer to the following.

 

Instead, please do not blame me for not making it. :)

 

Please refer to the above as an answer to your question.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FOXBI said:

 

Someone asked a similar question in the past. and, The deployment source has been commented out several times.

 

 

Please refer to the above as an answer to your question.

 

 

Thank you for your original work and willingness to continue to improve, based on feedback -- this is the most important thing.  Your willingness to create and release for others to enjoy the enhancements, is very much appreciated.  If you feel there are parts of your coding that you'd rather not be public, for personal reasons, I think that is fine....otherwise, being able to view "the magic" of your scripting, helps others understand and learn new things maybe.  In the end, it's YOUR choice what you want to do. 😎

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nvrsk said:

doesn't work for DSM 5.2

 

14 hours ago, FOXBI said:

Please inform me of the above command result.

DiskStation> whoami
root

DiskStation> id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

DiskStation> ls -l /bin/bash
ls: /bin/bash: No such file or directory

DiskStation> ls -l /bin/*sh*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Apr 29  2016 /bin/ash -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Apr 29  2016 /bin/sh -> busybox

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nvrsk said:

 


DiskStation> whoami
root

DiskStation> id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

DiskStation> ls -l /bin/bash
ls: /bin/bash: No such file or directory

DiskStation> ls -l /bin/*sh*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Apr 29  2016 /bin/ash -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Apr 29  2016 /bin/sh -> busybox

 

 

OMG!!!

 

I did not test it in 5.x, so I did not think bash would be there.

 

I'll prepare 5.x version as soon as possible and fix it.

 

As a temporary measure, please test the execution of ch_cpuinfo after doing the following.

ln -s /bin/sh /bin/bash

ls -l /bin/bash

 

And, Please inform me of ch_cpuinfo command result.

 

Thank you!! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gericb said:

Thank you for your original work and willingness to continue to improve, based on feedback -- this is the most important thing.  Your willingness to create and release for others to enjoy the enhancements, is very much appreciated.  If you feel there are parts of your coding that you'd rather not be public, for personal reasons, I think that is fine....otherwise, being able to view "the magic" of your scripting, helps others understand and learn new things maybe.  In the end, it's YOUR choice what you want to do

 

I feel gratitude for your understanding and support. I can not do everything here, but I will keep improving as time goes on.

 

Thank you!!! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 10:13 PM, nvrsk said:

for DSM 5.2

 

10 hours ago, FOXBI said:

inform me of ch_cpuinfo command result

DiskStation> whoami
root

DiskStation> ln -s /bin/sh /bin/bash
DiskStation> ls -l /bin/*sh*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Apr 29  2016 /bin/ash -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Nov  7 14:32 /bin/bash -> /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Apr 29  2016 /bin/sh -> busybox

DiskStation> ./ch_cpuinfo
ch_cpuinfo: applet not found

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, nvrsk said:

 


DiskStation> whoami
root

DiskStation> ln -s /bin/sh /bin/bash
DiskStation> ls -l /bin/*sh*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Apr 29  2016 /bin/ash -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Nov  7 14:32 /bin/bash -> /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Apr 29  2016 /bin/sh -> busybox

DiskStation> ./ch_cpuinfo
ch_cpuinfo: applet not found

 

 

It's not just bash's problem.

 

I’ll create a test environment as soon as possible and make it fixed available.

 

Thank you for your feedback. :)

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 5.x version environment, I checked exactly what the problem was after testing.

 

5.x version is configured as busybox unlike jun's loader of 6.x.

 

busybox does not have bash defined and should use sh or ash.

 

## DSM 5.x

Syno52> ls -lrt /bin/*sh*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Nov  8 17:34 /bin/sh -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 Nov  8 17:34 /bin/ash -> busybox

## DSM 6.x

root@admin:~# ls -lrt /bin/*sh* | grep bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1024856 May 19 09:35 /bin/bash
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       4 Aug 15 18:45 /bin/sh -> bash
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       4 Aug 15 18:45 /bin/ash -> bash

It is judged that it is necessary to modify with boths by "/bin/sh".

 

But, binary execution will fail with an error message with "applet not found" (probably because busybox is lite linux base). 

 

So, I am worried. About How to distribute in binary format ... (Actually, when I run by shell script, 5.x version also works normally.)

 

I will think more and make a decision.

 

Thanks nvrsk for your information! I apologize for the inconvenience.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FOXBI said:

 

So, I am worried. About How to distribute in binary format ... (Actually, when I run by shell script, 5.x version also works normally.)

 

I will think more and make a decision.

 

So maybe, yet another reason to just distribute in shell script format?  I think all XPEnology users are smart enough to run a script.  And: less work for you, less secrecy, more compatibility with DSM versions... 😄

 

Thank you for all that you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not working for me ...

 

DSM CPU Information Change Tool ver. 5.0 - made by FOXBI

Your version of DSM is DSM 6.1 continue...

1) First run  2) Redo  3) Restore - Select Number : 1

You have verified and installed the previous version. Contiue...

Auto Excute, If you select n, proceed interactively  (Cancel : q) [y/n] : y

sed: -e expression #1, char 37: unterminated `s' command
sed: -e expression #1, char 91: unterminated `s' command
The operation is complete!! It takes about 1-2 minutes to reflect,
(Please refresh the DSM page with F5 or after logout/login and check the information.)
ash-4.3#

My dmidecode output :

Spoiler

ash-4.3# dmidecode -t processor
# dmidecode 2.12
SMBIOS 2.5 present.

Handle 0x0004, DMI type 4, 40 bytes
Processor Information
        Socket Designation: CPU 0
        Type: Central Processor
        Family: Xeon
        Manufacturer: Intel
        ID: 7A 06 01 00 FF FB EB BF
        Signature: Type 0, Family 6, Model 23, Stepping 10
        Flags:
                FPU (Floating-point unit on-chip)
                VME (Virtual mode extension)
                DE (Debugging extension)
                PSE (Page size extension)
                TSC (Time stamp counter)
                MSR (Model specific registers)
                PAE (Physical address extension)
                MCE (Machine check exception)
                CX8 (CMPXCHG8 instruction supported)
                APIC (On-chip APIC hardware supported)
                SEP (Fast system call)
                MTRR (Memory type range registers)
                PGE (Page global enable)
                MCA (Machine check architecture)
                CMOV (Conditional move instruction supported)
                PAT (Page attribute table)
                PSE-36 (36-bit page size extension)
                CLFSH (CLFLUSH instruction supported)
                DS (Debug store)
                ACPI (ACPI supported)
                MMX (MMX technology supported)
                FXSR (FXSAVE and FXSTOR instructions supported)
                SSE (Streaming SIMD extensions)
                SSE2 (Streaming SIMD extensions 2)
                SS (Self-snoop)
                HTT (Multi-threading)
                TM (Thermal monitor supported)
                PBE (Pending break enabled)
        Version: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5205  @ 1.86GHz
        Voltage: 1.1 V
        External Clock: 267 MHz
        Max Speed: 1866 MHz
        Current Speed: 1866 MHz
        Status: Populated, Enabled
        Upgrade: Other
        L1 Cache Handle: 0x0005
        L2 Cache Handle: 0x0006
        L3 Cache Handle: 0x0007
        Serial Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
        Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
        Part Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
        Core Count: 2
        Core Enabled: 2
        Thread Count: 2
        Characteristics:
                64-bit capable

Handle 0x0008, DMI type 4, 40 bytes
Processor Information
        Socket Designation: CPU 1
        Type: Central Processor
        Family: Other
        Manufacturer:
        ID: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
        Version:
        Voltage: 3.3 V 2.9 V
        External Clock: Unknown
        Max Speed: 6000 MHz
        Current Speed: Unknown
        Status: Unpopulated
        Upgrade: Other
        L1 Cache Handle: 0x0009
        L2 Cache Handle: 0x000A
        L3 Cache Handle: 0x000B
        Serial Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
        Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
        Part Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
        Characteristics: None

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Not working for me ...

 

DSM CPU Information Change Tool ver. 5.0 - made by FOXBI Your version of DSM is DSM 6.1 continue... 1) First run 2) Redo 3) Restore - Select Number : 1 You have verified and installed the previous version. Contiue... Auto Excute, If you select n, proceed interactively (Cancel : q) [y/n] : y sed: -e expression #1, char 37: unterminated `s' command sed: -e expression #1, char 91: unterminated `s' command The operation is complete!! It takes about 1-2 minutes to reflect, (Please refresh the DSM page with F5 or after logout/login and check the information.) ash-4.3#

My dmidecode output :

 

ash-4.3# dmidecode -t processor # dmidecode 2.12 SMBIOS 2.5 present. Handle 0x0004, DMI type 4, 40 bytes Processor Information Socket Designation: CPU 0 Type: Central Processor Family: Xeon Manufacturer: Intel ID: 7A 06 01 00 FF FB EB BF Signature: Type 0, Family 6, Model 23, Stepping 10 Flags: FPU (Floating-point unit on-chip) VME (Virtual mode extension) DE (Debugging extension) PSE (Page size extension) TSC (Time stamp counter) MSR (Model specific registers) PAE (Physical address extension) MCE (Machine check exception) CX8 (CMPXCHG8 instruction supported) APIC (On-chip APIC hardware supported) SEP (Fast system call) MTRR (Memory type range registers) PGE (Page global enable) MCA (Machine check architecture) CMOV (Conditional move instruction supported) PAT (Page attribute table) PSE-36 (36-bit page size extension) CLFSH (CLFLUSH instruction supported) DS (Debug store) ACPI (ACPI supported) MMX (MMX technology supported) FXSR (FXSAVE and FXSTOR instructions supported) SSE (Streaming SIMD extensions) SSE2 (Streaming SIMD extensions 2) SS (Self-snoop) HTT (Multi-threading) TM (Thermal monitor supported) PBE (Pending break enabled) Version: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5205 @ 1.86GHz Voltage: 1.1 V External Clock: 267 MHz Max Speed: 1866 MHz Current Speed: 1866 MHz Status: Populated, Enabled Upgrade: Other L1 Cache Handle: 0x0005 L2 Cache Handle: 0x0006 L3 Cache Handle: 0x0007 Serial Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M. Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M. Part Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M. Core Count: 2 Core Enabled: 2 Thread Count: 2 Characteristics: 64-bit capable Handle 0x0008, DMI type 4, 40 bytes Processor Information Socket Designation: CPU 1 Type: Central Processor Family: Other Manufacturer: ID: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Version: Voltage: 3.3 V 2.9 V External Clock: Unknown Max Speed: 6000 MHz Current Speed: Unknown Status: Unpopulated Upgrade: Other L1 Cache Handle: 0x0009 L2 Cache Handle: 0x000A L3 Cache Handle: 0x000B Serial Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M. Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M. Part Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M. Characteristics: None

Hi!   I have the same problem.. what's wrong?

 

my HW:   HP DL180 G6, 1CPU XEON E5504.

Jun's Loader v1.03b DS3617xs, DSM6.2

Edited by sd2d
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2018 at 11:41 PM, FOXBI said:

ch_cpuinfo ver 5.2 - update new version

-> ch_cpuinfo_en.tar

-> ch_cpuinfo_ko.tar

 

 

I have been busy a little while and the update is late. Sorry for not responding to your feedback right away.

 

I uploaded a new version file that source after including the work so that it can run even in DSM 5.x version.. It's possible to use !! 

 

Publish the source is not only here, but also through github(https://github.com/FOXBI/ch_cpuinfo).

 

For versions DSM 6.x and later, you can use the binary as before.

 

If you use busybox in DSM 5.x, you can use it as a source file(ch_cpuinfo.sh).

Edited by FOXBI
some edited comment
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 3:31 PM, sd2d said:

Hi!   I have the same problem.. what's wrong?

 

Please run it as a new source file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.