XPEnology Community

how to enable the hardware transcoding function with model 918+ loader by DSM6.2

i have installed DSM 6.2 with 918+ loader.

and i have use valid SN and MAC to active all the functions except the hardware transcode.

i have try to use hardware transcode function by VideoStation / EMBY / Plex and none of them can do that normally.

the hardware transcode function could be run only once success before next reboot.

all other functions seens to be running normally.(like QuickConnect and PhotoStation)

so, where is the problem?  loader?

my NAS info:

J3455

4G ram

1.03a2 loader + 918 DSM6.2

You have to check if you have a /dev/dri folder. Check with telnet or ssh. If you don‘t have this folder you won’t get hardware transcoding with Emby/Videostation. For Plex you need a Plex Pass membership and transcoding enabled under PMS. Plex uses Intel Quicksync of the CPU and not the GPU (/dev/dri)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Huberer said:

You have to check if you have a /dev/dri folder. Check with telnet or ssh. If you don‘t have this folder you won’t get hardware transcoding with Emby/Videostation. For Plex you need a Plex Pass membership and transcoding enabled under PMS. Plex uses Intel Quicksync of the CPU and not the GPU (/dev/dri)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

crw-rw---- 1 root video 226,   0 Aug 19 01:34 card0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 226,  64 Aug 19 01:34 controlD64
crw-rw---- 1 root video 226, 128 Aug 19 01:34 renderD128

and i have the Plex Pass and i am sure the Plex has also used VA-API and not Quicksync that can show in shell process list.

like i said, all the functions (incloude QuickConnect) was running correctly except hardware transcoding.

Edited by refrain

On 8/19/2018 at 2:03 AM, T-REX-XP said:

The same problem too. I try to fix synoinfo.conf. but it is still not working. How can i get debug logs?

you can show the process with ps aux | grep [VideoStation | Emby | Plex]

then you can find the process with VA API words as the process has been marked "D"

i think there were some bugs when playing the movies that frozen the iGPU process when second play time since last reboot.

3 hours ago, refrain said:

you can show the process with ps aux | grep [VideoStation | Emby | Plex]

then you can find the process with VA API words as the process has been marked "D"

i think there were some bugs when playing the movies that frozen the iGPU process when second play time since last reboot.

I can't do it. I always receive system crash when i try to use hw dec in videostation. So the system cant be accesable. Network doesnt work. I cant get any logs(( then after reboot all work fine. Mb: asrock j3455itx. Bios 1.4

((

31 minutes ago, T-REX-XP said:

I can't do it. I always receive system crash when i try to use hw dec in videostation. So the system cant be accesable. Network doesnt work. I cant get any logs(( then after reboot all work fine. Mb: asrock j3455itx. Bios 1.4

((

have you plug-in the monitor when using transcoding?

there has an issue with the loader 1.03a2 , and plz unplug the monitor when transcoding.

• 2 months later...