XPEnology Community

5.2->6.2 Jun Loader 1.03b = No Network Connection

haze

ASRock Q1900-ITX

DS3617xs

DSM 6.2-23739

I upgraded from 5.2 to 6.2 using Jun's loader 1.03b. I logged in and all looked good until .... I noticed an alert on Control Panel.  It checked for an update, but said "Connection failed. Please check your Internet connection." I Googled the error and it said to check network settings under Control Panel. It shows that I have no network connection. Yet ... I am able to connect from my MacBook Pro. I was even able to update/install packages. I had to manually run File Station after update, but now I see my files. 

However, I have to click on run File Station all of the time for it to actually run. Same with other packages like Plex, Transmission, etc. They don't just run automatically and if I logout and log back in they are no longer running. I can't get download station to run. It says "Failed to run the package service."

Also, I can't turn on AFP/SMB to actually access them on the network and the DSM thinks there is no network connection.

Long story short I upgraded, I can login, System Health says good, I can install packages, etc. But ... I can't actually access my files, use some services like download station, and services won't stay running after I update/download/run the package.

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 12.48.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 12.49.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 12.49.30 PM.png

6 hours ago, haze said:

@pacemaker 

Thanks. Pardon my ignorance ... But ... how exactly do I do that? 

Hi haze,

try these steps:

1. Activate the SSH service in DSM
  2. Connect to your Synology with an SSH client (e.g. putty)
  3. Enter your credentials (user: admin)
  4. Change folder to root (cd /)
  5. Delete the folder (sudo rm -r .xpenoboot)

If the SSH service keeps stopping, you have to be quick.

• Like 1

Just want to add my two cents ...

I just updated my Q1900 (DS3617xs) -- baremetal, Jun 1.03b loader -- from 6.1 to 6.2.  The upgrade was smooth EXCEPT, on reboot, my network "Lan 1" disappeared.

I know there's nothing wrong with the onboard NIC as I can access the DSM web GUI.

Not having the "network interface" enabled, I couldn't download "Update 2" nor could I run my packages (ie. Plex, Download Station).

Following the advise on this this thread, I deleted the ".xenpoboot" and on reboot, the "Lan 1" returned and everything is working OK now.

Edited by dh22r

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2018 at 3:37 PM, ajs1544 said:

Hi ...thank you for the advise  i tried to do this from root@Jettlee etc i get a message saying

Rm: cannot remove    .xpenoboot : no such file or directory

Having the issue as others with no network after 6.2 update

There is a gnoboot folder ....could that be causing the issue and need deleting..?

Edited by ajs1544

On 10/9/2018 at 8:08 AM, ajs1544 said:

There is a gnoboot folder ....could that be causing the issue and need deleting..?

Edited Tuesday at 08:08 AM by ajs1544

I cant find .xpenoboot folder.

I use the ubuntu live cd and mdadm tutorial to see the files.

Any help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...