XPEnology Community

Port multipliers - JMB322 - Gigabyte Motherboard.

QuickSwitch

Question

Does it still stand that port multipliers are not supported even with the right drivers with DSM 6.2-23739? I have a clean install working on Baremetal with JUN'S LOADER v1.03b - DS3617xs, but if I have more than 1 drive plugged into the multiplexed ports then neither of each drive appears. Is my best solution to buy a PCI to SATA card that can also provide S.M.A.R.T. info?

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, QuickSwitch said:

Does it still stand that port multipliers are not supported even with the right drivers with DSM 6.2-23739? I have a clean install working on Baremetal with JUN'S LOADER v1.03b - DS3617xs, but if I have more than 1 drive plugged into the multiplexed ports then neither of each drive appears. Is my best solution to buy a PCI to SATA card that can also provide S.M.A.R.T. info?

The testing I've done with 6.x and multipliers all work out the same, drive 1 seems ok, but any that are on other ports no show. I think its the same historical limitation of the 'syno bios'. Even my tests with the  multiplers using the chipsets used in genuine Syno boxes dont work. I think your best option is a known compatible add on card, simpler and more chance of support from the forum if you need it.

• Thanks 1