haze

DSM 6.2 Upgrade: Connection failed. Please check your Internet connection.

Posted (edited)

I thought I had a successful upgrade to DSM 6.2 from 5.x using Jun's 1.03b loader. Everything seemed good. Then file manager disappeared after originally showing up. Now I can't see access my data. Storage Manager says everything is good. It even correctly shows how space I have used and how much space I have available.

Then I saw a an alert for an update. I clicked on Update & Restore and it says Connection failed. Please check your Internet connection. I went under Network and Server Name is blank, Default gateway is empty, DNS is empty. Any ideas?

ASRock Q1900-ITX

Edited by haze

Interested in the outcome of this. What version of DSM 5 were you on? 5.1 or 5.2?

Posted (edited)

I believe I was on 5.2. I still haven't figured it out. I am going to buy another USB stick and try with a new loader.

Edited by haze

Same here. As described above...no internet connection.
Hardware: Intel ss4200
Update from 6.1.7 upd 2

With the second Intel ss4200 i've no problem.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

I think that between 5.1/2 and 6.x there were a lot of 'architecture' changes in DSM. for example I think File Manager became a package, not part of the core DSM.

Jumping from 5.x to 6.2 might have been too big a change so parts of your DSM install have gotten 'corrupted'

I would revert to 5.2 and then update to 6.1, check hardware/system/features then (if you need to) go to 6.2. IMHO there isn't much of a difference between 6.1 and 6.2 to make me 'upgrade' yet.