XPEnology Community

surveillance : use license from a real system on 3615

NoFate

No one will guarantee what you want to do will work. Keep in mind that using serials and keys on a machine that is not supposed to be running DSM is already a breach of the UELA so it is difficult to tell you if it will work or not. What I can tell you is that Synology will eventually figure out at some point that the DS1512 serial is being used on a machine that is not a DS1512. I will leave it to that and let you make your own decisions :) 

I don't need garanty ;)

Just wanted to know if someone already done this? Wanted to know if Synology checks product number on activation, if not , I am going to buy a license....  If Synology eventually is going to disactiave it later, then I loose some money ;)

4 hours ago, NoFate said:

well, its only like 50€ for 1 camera , its worth it :)

we will see what new functions will come with the surveiiilance station, i still prefer to use it, since its a good system

when you install XPEnology, you already get 2 camera licenses for free :)

So only when you want to put a 3rd camera in Surveillance station, you need a license!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to figure this out? I have a camera license since I have a few IP Cams and 2 licenses that come with the DS3617 Xpenology isnt enough. I purchased an additional license and want to use it, but when I try to add it, it states "Connection failed. Please check your network settings"

13 minutes ago, NoFate said:

Please search on this forum how to change the sn/Mac ,you need to change some files

But then still,my original question, will the license work on a xpeonology with a real sn/Mac... Seems no one tried it yet

So I found something where you can change the MAC/SN but it is required to do so before installation. I have already installed. Is there a way to get this changed after it has already been installed or will I need to reinstall because the instructions mentioned the use of a USB stick which I did not use since I am installing this on a QNAP machine. I do have a Syno system as well and would also like to know if I can just use the MAC of that machine (DS1817+), but not sure how to change the SN either way.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ryerye said:

I have taken a real SN and MAC from old physical Synology box and set it up on virtual 3615xs Synology.

Stil not able to activate legally purchased camera license. Still the "Connection failed. Please check your network settings" error.

Same here. I've tried the same last week with no luck.

If you take a 3615xs SN / MAC from a real physical box and put it on the XPEnology 3615xs, then it might work, but if the models dont match up, it wont work apparently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...