XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

Hello It has been a few years since I set up my HP NL 54 as a DSM. For a long time I did not restart the DSM. However, there was no power for a long time and UPS couldn't make it. Now the DSM starts but at some point the network card link goes off (Intel dual port E1000) My request / question: Can anyone tell me if and if so what steps I need to take to reset my system. It doesn't have to be a detailed tutorial. With a little self-help help, I should probably be able to do this. Thank you so much for the startup help.

Francesco

HP ProLiant NL 54

Modellname DS3615xs

Prozessor: AMD Turion

RAM 8192 MB

NIC: Intel- Dual Port E1000

DSM-Version: DSM 6.2.3 ? probablily

Seeing that new hardware is coming to the market, the compatibility problems with the 1.04b loader, not being able to use the 1.03b with UEFI and not being able to update to 6.2.4 ... Do you think that a future 1.05 loader will come out that will solve these problems or is it something that is not expected?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2021 at 6:12 PM, dranivil said:

Seeing that new hardware is coming to the market, the compatibility problems with the 1.04b loader, not being able to use the 1.03b with UEFI and not being able to update to 6.2.4 ... Do you think that a future 1.05 loader will come out that will solve these problems or is it something that is not expected?

Best question. Would be good to know if anyone is working on a new loader or not :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I have been trying to install Xpenology using:

DSM Platform: DS3617xs

DSM Vesion 6.2.0 to 6.2.3

Jun's Loader: 1.03b

I have used multiple PAT files including all available from 6.2.0 thru 6.2.3 and all have failed with most having the following error,

Wizard: err_patch (13)

I had one or two fail with the error

Wizard: error_version (10).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My hardware is as follows:

SUPERMICRO MBD-A1SRi-2758F-O Mini ITX Server Motherboard DDR3 1600/1333

Kingston 32GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Server Memory Model KVR16LSE11/8KF

4X WD Red Plus 1TB NAS Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s, CMR, 64MB Cache, 3.5 Inch - WD10EFRX

Should be able to work okay but you might need extra.lzma driver update for the embedded NIC, or maybe even test with a plug in card like Intel CT.

You should focus only on 6.2.3-25426.  Earlier versions behave differently and you won't be able to test your changes properly if you are bouncing among them.

Remember that DS3617xs requires CSM/Legacy boot mode in your BIOS.

When and how are you receiving the Wizard error?

On 9/7/2021 at 3:36 PM, flyride said:

Should be able to work okay but you might need extra.lzma driver update for the embedded NIC, or maybe even test with a plug in card like Intel CT.

You should focus only on 6.2.3-25426.  Earlier versions behave differently and you won't be able to test your changes properly if you are bouncing among them.

Remember that DS3617xs requires CSM/Legacy boot mode in your BIOS.

When and how are you receiving the Wizard error?

I am receiving the wizard error on the Synology web page where you load the file onto the device. It will boot to around 47-52% stall and have the error.

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Holger1965 said:

Hi 

i‘d like to build on a Gen8 Hp Server

My server is upgraded to XEON E3-1320v2

can i install the Imige for DS3617xs

or the Image for DS3615xs ??

thanks for your help 

holger

You can install either, however most Gen8 users use the DS3615 image. If you're doing a clean install go with 6.2.3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 9:10 AM, XDOM said:

Hi everyone

The NAS is Up and Running after the installation of a supported Network card "Intel X550-T2 (PCI Express 3.0)", thank you a lot.

I have some questions now.

image.thumb.png.c017316c76fa935fc948e94bff5160c3.png

Whats about the CPU Cores showed in the GUI and ssh terminal? I assume that the 8 Cores bellow are 2(threads) x 4 Physical Cores showed in the DSM Info tab. Are the other 6 Physical Cores unused?

grep -i --color "model name"  /proc/cpuinfo

model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz

Is the support of SRV-IOV for the Network Card "Intel X550-T2 (PCI Express 3.0)" not available in Xpenology?

image.thumb.png.91fe4d4e317c1ccddd799e069506b84a.png

Whats about Transcoding Features of the CPU Intel Core i9-10900? Need some drivers, another module or extra/extra2.lzma? i found something about this here: 

Regards

Hey ich habe die gleiche Hardware und das selbe Problem wie " XDOM" siehe : (Bios Einstellungen damit Juns Loader sich nicht aufhängt ( Curser blinkt nicht ) - GERMAN - XPEnology Community ) Wie hast du ihn zum laufen gebracht ohne das nach der auswahl der curser nicht blinkt und das keyboard auch anzeigt das er sich aufgehängt hat ??? lg. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 1:42 AM, autohintbot said:

Does the Haswell-or-later requirement still apply here?  I am unable to get anything past the very first boot message (nothing shows up on network, no activity on serial port past the boot menu and initial message).

583365020_ScreenShot2018-08-01at4_00_50PM.thumb.png.ce06ae00991dff8f1d7c46cdf9fa86e9.png

Host:

ESXi 6.5.0 Update 2 (Build 8294253)

2x Xeon E5-2670 on Intel S2600CP motherboard

VM:

Started by copying my working 6.1.x DSM setup, changing MAC address in VM config and synoboot.img.  Existing VM was hardware version 12.

Tried a few other ESXi starting points from here on the forums, upgrading to VM hardware version 13, etc.  Same result across the board, both for 3615 and 3617 loaders.

Really hoping a Sandy Bridge-compatible boot loader happens for DSM 6.2!  I have a bunch of that hardware here in the house.  Actually have some spare hosts--I'll try a bare metal test when I get a few extra minutes.

This is not an error, it's the bootloader ...now you have to type http://find.synology.com on a web browser on a PC at the same network ....

• 1 month later...

I pushed my Netgear RND2100 (Atom D510, 2 GB DDR2) to 6.2.3 before I threw 6.2.7 at it just for fun and it stopped booting. Gonna fiddle more with it some day, with 1.03b it took literally less than 10 minutes from start to boot & install. Even used a 128 GB USB 3 stick without any problems, I never would have thought that it would be so smooth. Have to cold boot and hold the backup-button everytime though if you don't want to overwrite the ReadyNAS OS.

Edited by ZaInT

hello, I have successfully installed with loader 1.03b a ds3615xs with 6.2.237, if I start manually the boot from usb starts, if I leave it in automatic the loader does not start.
I tried to set the bios in uefi and the loader starts but I can't find the nas on the net.
Can I use loader 1.04 on ds3615xs?
Thank you

8 minutes ago, flyride said:

1.03b does not support UEFI boot.

1.04b only supports DS918+ platform.

Usually there is an option in your BIOS to configure boot order.  It may look different when Legacy/CSM boot is enabled.  Check your documentation carefully.

Thanks for the reply.
I did all the tests with the bios setting.
The problem is that in mbr it does not recognize the automatic start from usb (even if it makes me set it from bios) if, however, at startup I press F8 for the boot menu and choose the usb stick it starts quietly.
It would not be a problem if not because I should put the PC up on a shelf where I have no monitor or keyboard