DSM 6.2 Loader


Recommended Posts

On 7/30/2020 at 9:01 AM, therus000 said:

i have board GA-z77x and procossor i5 3470. what loader and system better i choose ?

i already try 3617 but synology assistant cant find it

help please 

 

1.04b 918+ no go with your cpu as its to old

most likely for 3617 you used loader 1.03b an d that needs csm/legacy mode (also as boot device)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

loader 1.02b and dsm 6.1 is more easy in that area

 

also you might read faq and tutorial

https://xpenology.com/forum/forum/83-faq-start-here/

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7973-tutorial-installmigrate-dsm-52-to-61x-juns-loader/

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! Greeting from Bogota - Colombia and excuse me for my bad english.

 

Ok, im using DSM Synology with Juns Loader v 1.03b and DSM 6.2-25426 in a HP DC 6300 (3615X)
(Intel Core I3 3220 @ 3.30 Ghz and 4 GB Ram DDR3)

I too have some problems with boot: Uefi boot dont recognize ethernet card // MBR/bios dont boot- The Extra.lmza the issue petsist and Synoboot 918+ fails to boot too.

 

I tried different methods, incluide Synoboot modded iso and onlymbr mod, but my pc dont boot correctly synoboot


My HP DC 6300 Accidentally boot with a E2B USB Stick and EUREKA!!! Synoboot boot sucessfully on MBR and ethernet recognized and DSM 6.2-25426 installed!! :D

Ok, again sorry for my bad english jaja!

 

The solution is,
Use your usb memory and install Synoboot normally
In your bios Seetings, disable UEFI boot and priorize legacy boot.
In another USB memory, install Easy2Boot (E2B), only E2B.
Ok, try again and boot, your CPU will boot with E2B Stick and in the E2B Menu, you can edit the default boot seetings and time out, and walah, Synoboot... boot
in mbr! 

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 5.50.10 PM.jpeg

Captura.PNG

Edited by Flautista1988
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to install 6.1.7 with 6.1 loader mbr gensys without problem on my lenovo desktop with pentium 4 HT but when trying to fresh install 6.2.3 with 6.2 loader ds3615xs,ds3617xs or ds918, it always shows no hard disk installed. It works fine on 6.1... i think it has no ahci

Edited by amnher
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 12:59 AM, Flautista1988 said:

Hello! Greeting from Bogota - Colombia and excuse me for my bad english.

 

Ok, im using DSM Synology with Juns Loader v 1.03b and DSM 6.2-25426 in a HP DC 6300 (3615X)
(Intel Core I3 3220 @ 3.30 Ghz and 4 GB Ram DDR3)

I too have some problems with boot: Uefi boot dont recognize ethernet card // MBR/bios dont boot- The Extra.lmza the issue petsist and Synoboot 918+ fails to boot too.

 

I tried different methods, incluide Synoboot modded iso and onlymbr mod, but my pc dont boot correctly synoboot


My HP DC 6300 Accidentally boot with a E2B USB Stick and EUREKA!!! Synoboot boot sucessfully on MBR and ethernet recognized and DSM 6.2-25426 installed!! :D

Ok, again sorry for my bad english jaja!

 

The solution is,
Use your usb memory and install Synoboot normally
In your bios Seetings, disable UEFI boot and priorize legacy boot.
In another USB memory, install Easy2Boot (E2B), only E2B.
Ok, try again and boot, your CPU will boot with E2B Stick and in the E2B Menu, you can edit the default boot seetings and time out, and walah, Synoboot... boot
in mbr! 

 

yes, this way works!

 

- Outcome of the update: SUCCESSFUL

- DSM version prior update: 6.2-25426

- Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER 1.03b - DS3615xs

- Using custom extra.lzma: NO

- Installation type: HP t610 thin clien

- Additional comments: Boot USB with EASy2Boot

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did a new VM install on Unraid wanted to use 2 LAN HW ported to the image

 

- Outcome of the update: FAIL

- DSM version prior update (6.2.3) : DSM_DS3615xs_25423 --> DSM_DS3615xs_25426 

- Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER 1.03b - DS3615xs

- Using custom extra.lzma: NO

- Installation type: VM machine Unraid

- Additional comments: Can now only install when setting the loader as USB (SATA does not work anymore)

 

image.thumb.png.bc3168309272a85916757aa5067b2f76.png

 

I end up having the synoboot_3615.img showing up like this?

image.png.5efa7a269cfd2c6b4f5293c97b9d128b.png

 

This is really strange... (Don't know what would happen if I ejected this?)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad VID PID for the usb drive

 

1 hour ago, casperse said:

I just did a new VM install on Unraid wanted to use 2 LAN HW ported to the image

 

- Outcome of the update: FAIL

- DSM version prior update (6.2.3) : DSM_DS3615xs_25423 --> DSM_DS3615xs_25426 

- Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER 1.03b - DS3615xs

- Using custom extra.lzma: NO

- Installation type: VM machine Unraid

- Additional comments: Can now only install when setting the loader as USB (SATA does not work anymore)

 

image.thumb.png.bc3168309272a85916757aa5067b2f76.png

 

I end up having the synoboot_3615.img showing up like this?

image.png.5efa7a269cfd2c6b4f5293c97b9d128b.png

 

This is really strange... (Don't know what would happen if I ejected this?)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

I forgot to set the controller for the sata = 1 for the (USB) I can now boot without problems again! :-)

But I have to stay at DSM_DS3615xs_25423_6.2.3 cant update to the DSM_DS3615xs_25426_6.2.3

I even managed to get all listed as drives (USB 50MB/Virtual drive for APPs 50G/ SATA direct port 3TB drive)

image.png.dae125237f37270cedf0e504c5719a60.png

Edited by casperse
Link to post
Share on other sites

New install and am running juns 1.04b loader and DSM 6.2.3 25426 PAT file. DS918+

 

I have a Supermicro A2SDi-H-TF mobo that has 2 onboard 10gbe copper nics, Icannot get these to show up in DSM (I have used a USB ethernet dongle and the IPMI to install and configure DSM so far).

 

The onboard nics are intel x557 I think which should be supported by ixgbe inbuilt driver. Can anyone suggest what to do to get nics showing up ?

Edited by venno
left out NAS type
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

- Outcome of the update: UNSUCCESSFUL

- DSM version prior update: 6.1.7-15284

- Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER 1.03b - DS3617xs

- Using custom extra.lzma: YES

- Installation type: DSM 6.2.2-24922 Baremetall on Sabertooth 990fx with AMD-FX-8320 8core cpu

- Additional comments: fine on previous setup with 1.02b loader with 6.1.7-15284

It shows up in the network to install,after install it's not comimg back in the network anymore

Help needed,when i have to go to another topic please direct me.

Edited by ikkeenjij36
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ikkeenjij36 said:

- Outcome of the update: UNSUCCESSFUL

- DSM version prior update: 6.1.7-15284

- Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER 1.03b - DS3617xs

- Using custom extra.lzma: YES

- Installation type: DSM 6.2.2-24922 Baremetall on Sabertooth 990fx with AMD-FX-8320 8core cpu

- Additional comments: fine on previous setup with 1.02b loader with 6.1.7-15284

It shows up in the network to install,after install it's not comimg back in the network anymore

Help needed,when i have to go to another topic please direct me.

The lan is a Realtek 8111E , 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.