XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

10 минут назад, carlozo сказал:

and what about hide the bootloader 

i have the ds3615xs i could hide the bootloader with DiskIdxMap=0C00

its possible

Try it, I can only talk about what I did, but I can not imagine how it will look in your experiments...

Hi All,

Jun's 1.03b & DSM 6.2 running on ESXI 6.71 work

Thanks Jun's work

VMware already build and running other VM just add loader & DSM on it.

Loader on Intel NVME use SATA mode

DSM on LSI9261 RAID 5 disk array use LSI Logic SAS

SuperMicro  X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F with 32G Ram

RAID card : LSI 9261-8i

Intel NVME 512G

Toshiba Enterprise 4TB X 4

supermicro.JPG

supermicro1.JPG

Just completed a new build, using an Asrock H370M-ITX board and 1.04b loader / DSM 6.2.2-24922, all fully functioning without any hassle or additional drivers. With 6 onboard SATA ports and 2 Intel NICs this is an ITX board to recommend.

Edited by Gronaldo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2019 at 8:30 PM, Gronaldo said:

Just completed a new build, using an Asrock H370M-ITX board and 1.04b loader / DSM 6.2.2-24922, all fully functioning without any hassle or additional drivers. With 6 onboard SATA ports and 2 Intel NICs this is an ITX board to recommend.

Hello  Gronaldo !

I'm also interested about this motherboard (6 Sata 🙂)

Can you tell me what CPU and how much ram did you install ?

Many thanks !

5 minutes ago, Gronaldo said:

Both. I use load balancing. Both ports are identical, i belive. 

Cool! The ports are not identical, at least not from the specs, one is I211 and the other I219. There are many generations of the I219 and some don't work (so you end up only with the I211 based port enabled in 6.2.1/918).

On 4/6/2019 at 8:30 PM, Gronaldo said:

How you get the second NIC up and running ?
I have the same Board and use the 1.04 Loader DSM 918+ as well with DSM 6.2.2
but since I start with XPenology only one NIC is´t running. The second one will not be detected. And yes, I add the MAC Address to the config file from the Loader....
as I known, one Driver is missing for the second NIC and it is not included in standard DSM

1 hour ago, Lexizilla said:

How you get the second NIC up and running ?
I have the same Board and use the 1.04 Loader DSM 918+ as well with DSM 6.2.2
but since I start with XPenology only one NIC is´t running. The second one will not be detected. And yes, I add the MAC Address to the config file from the Loader....
as I known, one Driver is missing for the second NIC and it is not included in standard DSM

My humble apologies. I just checked and although the bond seems okay (from migration of previous build) it only has a single LAN connection. Sorry to have been providing incorrect info. My perfect picture is now shattered 😫

Anyone tried with alternative extra.lzma?

Edited by Gronaldo

3 hours ago, slottie said:

URGENT question, is there a way to reset admin password ? 

If you can SSH or telnet then you can run 

synouser --setpw [USERNAME] [NEWPASS]

If not, then you can choose the reinstall option in the bootloader to reset DSM while keeping data. There might be a way of doing it by mounting the system partitions but I don’t know what you need to modify after doing that. 

Thanks for this nice peace of software.

But i have a problem and dont know if it is just the hardware or lan etc.

On my old ds216j a always getting the full avr speeds in read/write 113/113MB/s but now with asrock 4205 it jumps up and down even stops sometimes and comes back up avr speed about 60MB/s,

hw: asrock 4205itx(the one with  microdim slots) 2x4GB ddr3 1333 mhz.

Software(incl. bios) bios: 1.80 loader 1.04 with dsm 6.2.2-24922, bios test allot of bios settings but nothing helps, best to downgrade back to dualcore baytrail system or can a test other things.