XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

33 minutes ago, Black6spdZ said:

native on-board SATA?

Well, the 7 drives are connected to a PCIe Silicon Image SiI3132 controller. 

I use the 1.03b DS3615xs loader without any patches. The internal DOM is disconnected and the loader is on a very cheap 2GB Imation flash drive.

Ethernet is 2x Intel WG82574L.

HP ProDesk 400 G1 

Realtek integrated NIC

1.03b loader booted to wait screen, but link light amber on switch connected to integrated NIC in the PC. Synology assistant would not find the station. Tried everything on Jun's troubleshooting page and no luck. Switched to 1.0.2b loader. Link lights green and Syn assistant found the station immediately. 

Guess I'll use DSM 6.1.7 for now...

Hello.

First sorry my english. (from spain 🙂)

I recently purchased an asrock j4105-itx with 8 Gb Ram Kingston 2133 DDR4, but after several days trying to install xpenology 6.2 I am desperate. I have tried with several usb memory, Sandisk Cruzer 16 Gb and Toshiba 8 Gb, and also with different hard drives, but i can't get it work. In the first step the network detects me perfectly the pc, but when the countdown finishes and the computer is going to restart, a screen with network error appears. I think it's a uefi boot error, but reading some user with the same hardware I do not understand that I can be doing wrong. I only see uefi boot option in bios, legacy nowhere.

some dsm version that works properly with uefi boot? (whenever that is the problem)

Some solution?

I would be very grateful.

greetings from Spain

On 9/26/2018 at 7:26 PM, Rowdy said:

I've just installed my first XPEnology with this. :)

Used the bootloader from this Mega repo (Jun's v1.03a2 DS918), did a bare metal install and just installed from the web (so didn't use the pat. I downloaded the wrong one and it was faster to try directly), worked like a charM. After that I could update without any problems to the latest version, DSM 6.2-23739. Oh, and UEFI boot.

ASRock J4105-ITX (Intel Celeron J4105), 16GB RAM, 2xSATA3 WD30EZRX

Edited by artyom
add information

4 hours ago, artyom said:

Hello.

First sorry my english. (from spain 🙂)

I recently purchased an asrock j4105-itx with 8 Gb Ram Kingston 2133 DDR4, but after several days trying to install xpenology 6.2 I am desperate. I have tried with several usb memory, Sandisk Cruzer 16 Gb and Toshiba 8 Gb, and also with different hard drives, but i can't get it work. In the first step the network detects me perfectly the pc, but when the countdown finishes and the computer is going to restart, a screen with network error appears. I think it's a uefi boot error, but reading some user with the same hardware I do not understand that I can be doing wrong. I only see uefi boot option in bios, legacy nowhere.

some dsm version that works properly with uefi boot? (whenever that is the problem)

Some solution?

I would be very grateful.

greetings from Spain

artyom,

I've been lucky thanks for b00bytrap that did a great tutorial and Jun's of course for the loader. check this out https://youtu.be/p-mQEMjxc3A 

Edited by falheiros
  • Like 1

Hello,

I successfully migrated my HP N54L 5.2 (3615xs) to 6.2 (3617xs).

But I have issues with my shared folders, after sometime i loose it...

I'm also randomly disconnected from DSM...

Connected with putty, my session disconnected every 2 seconds...

Apps does not automaticaly start at boot (file station, surveillance station, VPN center...)

Edit : in fact all started "apps" randomly stops...

Thank you

Edited by Orphée

On 10/14/2018 at 5:30 AM, Radakka said:

Hello,

Is anyone using a Asus P8H77-I with 6.2 loader?

I tried, a clean instalation, but I lose connection after first reboot, with 3615 and 3617.

Only workrd with DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02b.

Any solution?

Tnx

Same problem with Asrock J4105-ITX. 

I tried to install 6.2 in all possible ways, but without success, I always lose connection after first reboot.

In my opinion, the problem seems to be in the uefi boot. (My J4105-ITX only boot in uefi mode)  

Dsm 6.1 works perfect.

hopefully jun can solve the problem (I take this opportunity to thank for his work).

Same here for the ASROCK J3455ITX, no network connection after reboot.

Tried the usual, no UEFI, gruf.cfg is correct even with a MAC address and DS918+ serial number. And the previous DSM 6.2 version was working correctly. 

After reboot I just get an orange blinking LED on the network interface, no connection.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smidra said:

ASROCK J3455ITX Update: I just installed a D-Link USB3 > Ethernet adapter and it works just fine. So there might be an issue with the onboard LAN drivers. 

So I think "speaking from ignorance",  

it would be solved by integrating the drivers in the bootloader?, 

let's hope some expert takes us out of doubt