XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

Hi, I've done the steps correctly. I did boot then I've reached the happy hack screen and made a search in the synolog asistant program, but it did not find the device. What should I do? I try version ds3617 and ds3615

Motherboard : foxconn 45GM

Cpu : intel pentium core2Duo

(My english not good, sorry)

hh.png

not-found.png

Edited by ilteris
img add

On 11/9/2018 at 6:26 PM, ideasman69 said:

Back to the Asrock boards:

J3455B-ITX: works

J3455-M: works

J3455-ITX: i915 driver fails which explains why /dev/dri is missing

I spent a tiny bit more time on these boards and found something interesting. I installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and it ran perfectly fine - fast to boot and responsive. However, after purposely downgrading the kernel to 4.4.57 (matching the kernel version of 1.04b / DSM 6.2) - these boards take ages to load and feel sluggish. So i reckon as soon as the kernel is upgraded, we might be in luck (maybe excluding the last board in my list above due to the i915 driver crashing).

On another note - i picked up a gigabyte B85M-HD3G / i5 4570S / 8GB DDR second hand for $100 and it rocks using the 1.04b bootloader. Super quick and full hardware acceleration (for h264). Thanks again Jun :)

for J3455 you can try to install vmware esxi, then use 1.04b loader and set the energy control on esxi to high performance. 

you can passthrough the graphics card or other stuff on pci-e slot.

the installation with realtek nics can be done with a custom iso, like descripted here: https://advanxer.com/blog/2017/10/adding-realtek-8168811184118118-based-nics-to-esxi-6-5/

Edited by fa2k

hello

i used jun loader 1.04 and 918+ 23739.pat file

everthing works ok

but the speed is a little low about 70-80mb copy speed. my last nas with dsm 5.2 gets 112mb on the same network

if i use jun loader 1.04 with 23739 from the 3617xs pat file can i get better speed ?

thanks

eric

Hello all,

A short intro (as this is not my 1st post on this subject - also I post this somewhere else in this forum, but maybe that thread is dead...):

In the past I had a functional DSM 6.1.7 on ds3615xs using Jun's BL v1.02b. The used HW is the one described in the signature. By my mistake, I validate the upgrade action, from 6.1.7 to 6.2 ==> my DSM server has been bricked out.

Ok! After a lot of failures to make my server working again (including playing with BL v1.03a2+ds918+, BL v1.03b+ds3615xs) I gave up and I've erased everything on the HDD, having in mind to start again, from the beginning with a clean install (as I've done in the past, considering if I've done that, then I should be able to do it again!)

So, I took a fresh new BL v1.02b and I've done all operations regarding the VID/PID/SN/MAC1 as I've done before. My intention is to make a fresh install of DSM 6.1.7 on ds3615xs.

(my server's HDD - a 3TB SATA-III has been erased and at this moment not even a partition is not created on him! And is connected to SATA0...)

But... !!!

When I restart the server (having the prepared usb stick, connected in one of the usb port), either in UEFI mode or Legacy mode, the screen with "Happy hacking" appears, but after a while he restarts over and over again... Meanwhile, using Synology Assistant, I couldn't see anything in the LAN (as Synology server...) to permit me to make a fresh install.

What I've missed?

I try also with/without extra_lzma customized file (I think -but I am not so sure- in the past, when the server has worked, I used this customized file...I am not sure...)

Still wonder why I do not see anything in the LAN and why the server reboots after a while?! Nothing changed in the HW configuration (not even the USB stick...!)

Any suggestion(s)?! 

Thx in advance...

Hi,

I discover that my NIC driver is based on "r8169" (?), so, I answered with this on a previous Q...

Now...

Navigating through my server's BIOS, I have no ideea to make something crucial changes, but to be honest, the MAC addresses for those two NICs has been switched. Suddenly, the ping command start working after I boot (Nth times and variants like : "with custom extra.lzma"... without "custom extra.lzma", with "v1.02b for GPT"... with "v1.02b Genesys"... UEFI... Legacy... and so on...).

The "final" working variant is: BL v1.02b, GPT (or Jun's variant - NOT Genesys!) without custom "extra.lzma" file in whatever mode: UEFI or Legacy, doesn't matter!

BTW: On my previous post I claim that the server reboots after 1..2 minutes, again and again... It was from custom "extra.lzma" file usage!

Once I leave the BL v1.02b as it was (except grub.cfg file, modified with my particular vid/pid/sn and mac1 values), the boot sequence comes stable and I was able to discover the DSM and install DSM 6.1.7 !!!

Maybe I am a little bit confused in explanations, but I am happy all it's working again (fresh install).

...Oh! Almost I forgot! As I said, to force fresh install I deliberately wiped my HDD (all partitions has been deleted using GParted!)

Still, I had to make a strange remark: If nothing remains on my HDD, how come the Synology_Assistent, when found the server also "discovered" even a DSM version!!??

Which, btw, I don't used in the past....

(see the attached picture, the 6th column named "Version")

Maybe my findings (regarding the root cause of again-and-again reboot cycles) is useful around here, in this topic.

Thank You, guys!

CU...

LastEdit: I know what I've done in BIOS: I disabled the LAN Controller #2!! And because I had only one NIC, the allocated MAC, is the one for eth0, I mean, the MAC I've used!! YUPYY!

Synology_Assistant_Screenshot_2018-12-10_20-00-34.png

Edited by roadx

10 hours ago, fa2k said:

for J3455 you can try to install vmware esxi, then use 1.04b loader and set the energy control on esxi to high performance. 

you can passthrough the graphics card or other stuff on pci-e slot.

the installation with realtek nics can be done with a custom iso, like descripted here: https://advanxer.com/blog/2017/10/adding-realtek-8168811184118118-based-nics-to-esxi-6-5/

nah this doesn't work. the GPU is in the same IOMMU group as the network card - so once you assign the GPU to a VM and boot it, you lose all network connectivity.

1 hour ago, ideasman69 said:

nah this doesn't work. the GPU is in the same IOMMU group as the network card - so once you assign the GPU to a VM and boot it, you lose all network connectivity.

well, seems my J3455-M is not as same as I thought. the three pci-e slots and the graphics card can be assigned without loosing network connectivity.

5 hours ago, fa2k said:

well, seems my J3455-M is not as same as I thought. the three pci-e slots and the graphics card can be assigned without loosing network connectivity.

Ah ok. Yeah I didn't try esx on the j4455-m. It only has 2 sata ports which isn't enough for me and I was trying to avoid extra cards :)

If you can run esx and passthrough the GPU, the -m model might be the best pick of the three. Maybe I'll give it a shot!

20 hours ago, bearcat said:

@ilteris  : .pat dosyasını otomatik olarak yüklediniz, daha sonra DSM 6.2'yi yüklemiş olabilir. 1 , bu anakart üzerinde RTL8110SC nic ile uyumlu olmayabilir.

6.2 veya 6.1.7 .pat dosyasını elle indirip yüklemeyi deneyin .

installation on a new computer. After boot the computer for not receiving ip adress and I could not proceed with the installation of the pat file

3 hours ago, ideasman69 said:

Ah ok. Yeah I didn't try esx on the j4455-m. It only has 2 sata ports which isn't enough for me and I was trying to avoid extra cards :)

If you can run esx and passthrough the GPU, the -m model might be the best pick of the three. Maybe I'll give it a shot!

i must say that the Asrock J4105-M is the better board. performance with esxi and DS918 is perfect. always 114MB/s.

In my setup i have a LSI 9xxx-8i raid controller for 8 additional disks. the only drawback is the max. 8GB RAM..

2 hours ago, bearcat said:

@ilteris: Ben senin nic, RTL8110SC, söz beeing bkz burada

Bu yüzden jun'un 1.02b bootloader denemek ve "enjekte gerekir sanırım extra.lzma ", (nasıl yapılır forumlarda bulunabilir).

Önce, DS3615 temel alınarak bir tane deneyin ve DSM 6.1.x'i manuel olarak yükleyin.

I tried it, but it wasn't successful :(

loader --> DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02b.img

try1.PNG.73593cc6069ba20fbbf4a8786eab76d8.PNGtry2.PNG.91d7ae3ee394fd994c1e24c2fb95a4cf.PNG

8 hours ago, fa2k said:

i must say that the Asrock J4105-M is the better board. performance with esxi and DS918 is perfect. always 114MB/s.

In my setup i have a LSI 9xxx-8i raid controller for 8 additional disks. the only drawback is the max. 8GB RAM..

I have the same motherboard, but I use 2x 16GB DDR4 SOdimm. Even though it says max RAM is 8GB, it does work with 32GB. 

• Thanks 1

hi. I have the

HP ProLiant MicroServer N40L

CPU: AMD Turion II Neo N40L

Network: Broadcom Limited - NetXtreme BCM5723 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe

I tried the 1.03b and 1.04b Loader and it boots to the "Happy Hacking"-Screen. But it is not findable through find.synology.com nor via checking the DHCP Servers Leases for the MAC Address.

Any Idea what I could do to solve this issue?

@flo89 Stay with the 1.03b DS3615xs, verify that you have edited your "grub.cfg" correctly. 

Then you *should* get an IP adress, (as all others who are using the Microserver G7) and can manually install DSM 6.2 (but make sure you do NOT update to 6.2.1!)

If you can "live" with the good and stable DSM 6.1.7, you can use 1.02b, DS3615xs instead (with no risk of updating->BRICK).

My ethernet driver -> Realtek 8111B LAN 

I , file named " extra.lzma " (extra3615_v4.8) copied and changed to partition 1. But but still the device did not receive a ip adress. I did the same for extra3615_v4.9_test file but but still the device did not receive a ip adress. 

what can I do about it?