XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

ASUS P8H77-I (H77, RTL1111) with Intel GigE Card

Loader Ver          DSM Ver             Status

1.02b              DS3617xs 6.1        Work Fine

1.03b              DS3617xs 6.2        Install from scratch, device found in assistant, normal installation, can NOT find device anymore

after reboot. (UFEI/BIOS boot, Intel or Realtek NIC)

1.04b              DS918+ 6.2            can NOT find device

Another device with Asrock J1900 works fine with 1.04b DS918+ 6.2.1.

Edited by lovelove

1 hour ago, lovelove said:

ASUS P8H77-I (H77, RTL1111) with Intel GigE Card

Loader Ver          DSM Ver             Status

1.02b              DS3617xs 6.1        Work Fine

1.03b              DS3617xs 6.2        Install from scratch, device found in assistant, normal installation, can NOT find device anymore

after reboot. (UFEI/BIOS boot, Intel or Realtek NIC)

1.04b              DS918+ 6.2            can NOT find device

Another device with Asrock J1900 works fine with 1.04b DS918+ 6.2.1.

read carefully older posts.

7 minutes ago, Ikyo said:

I am going to guess that you have an older CPU that isn't supported by the DS918 loader.

yeah on ESXI, i have a dell r710 with L5640 processors, so that's probably too old.  Fusion i have an i7 4th gen cpu.  

Edited by rgarjr

7 hours ago, ideasman69 said:

whats your network copy speed to the device look like?

It's a gigabit network. but I don't know why is that a problem. it's directly connected to my NAS USB 3.0 port. DSM 6.1 copy speed is 100mb to 150mb. And its a new formatted and cleaned HDD and USB

21 minutes ago, judeah666 said:

It's a gigabit network. but I don't know why is that a problem. it's directly connected to my NAS USB 3.0 port. DSM 6.1 copy speed is 100mb to 150mb. And its a new formatted and cleaned HDD and USB

Yeah I understand that based on your image. 

What's the network performance like?

2 minutes ago, ideasman69 said:

Yeah I understand that based on your image. 

What's the network performance like?

DSM 6.2 is still a little laggy and not smooth, transcode is still not working, file transfer is worse even if its directly connected to the server using the usb 3.0 port. still have to test file transfer using network. i don't expect it to be perfect because it still in beta. i highly appreciate jun for his loader and many of the people here helping. it's worth the wait when the bugs are fixed.

Asrock J4205-ITX

Jun's Loader 1.04b

16 minutes ago, judeah666 said:

DSM 6.2 is still a little laggy and not smooth, transcode is still not working, file transfer is worse even if its directly connected to the server using the usb 3.0 port. still have to test file transfer using network. i don't expect it to be perfect because it still in beta. i highly appreciate jun for his loader and many of the people here helping. it's worth the wait when the bugs are fixed.

Asrock J4205-ITX

Jun's Loader 1.04b

Lol it never comes "out of beta" buddy- every loader is a beta. 

The 361/3615 loaders are the fastest and most reliable on almost all hardware. The hardware specific versions are very reliant on exact hardware (especially transcoding). 

31 minutes ago, ideasman69 said:

Lol it never comes "out of beta" buddy- every loader is a beta. 

The 361/3615 loaders are the fastest and most reliable on almost all hardware. The hardware specific versions are very reliant on exact hardware (especially transcoding). 

I thought b is for best. hahaha

I don't know about 361/3615. I'm searching for it in the forum but can't find it. can you point me in the right direction on what is the difference of them?

22 hours ago, Tattoofreak said:

Good morning everyone.

So just to show you the issue again:

• When I try to start the VM it says I do have insufficient memory. The host has 6GB ob dedicated RAM from the ESXi-Host and the vDSM-VM has 1GB of dedicated RAM.
  • When I try to delete the VM it says I have to shutdown the VM first but the VM isn't even running and there is no other VMs installed. So uninstallig the VMM package isn't even possible too because the host is still in use with the VM.
  • The logfiles are not really helpful as you can see on the screenshot.

I have the following config:

• ESXi 6.7 running on Supermicro E300-8D with 32GB RAM and Intel XEON D-1518 CPU
  • Fresh installation of latest DSM 6.2.1 (Loader 1.04b on DS3617xs-synoboot.vmdk)
  • Latest VMM package installed
  • Latest vDSM installed

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt2.PNG

Unbenannt3.PNG

Unbenannt4.PNG

To remove it you must to do the following:

search where is installed the VMM:

/volume1/@appstore/Virtualization/bin

For remove the Cluster you must to use the command etcdctl

1. execute ./etcdctl member list

2. Copy the ID, at the first information until the :

3. execute ./etcdctl member remove ID

59 minutes ago, jarugut said:

To remove it you must to do the following:

search where is installed the VMM:

/volume1/@appstore/Virtualization/bin

For remove the Cluster you must to use the command etcdctl

1. execute ./etcdctl member list

2. Copy the ID, at the first information until the :

3. execute ./etcdctl member remove ID

Okay, that worked fine, thanks a lot.

I now uninstalled and re-instaled VMM but still the same as you can see on the screenshot.

Am I the only one wih this issue?

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by Tattoofreak

1 minute ago, Tattoofreak said:

Okay, that worked fine, thanks a lot.

I now uninstalled and re-instaled VMM but still the same as you can see on the screenshot.

Am I the only one wih this issue?

Unbenannt.PNG

Then forget it, it's the same problem that always I had  with my N54L (AMD). In this case use the PhpVitualbox instead of VMM.

2 minutes ago, jarugut said:

Then forget it, it's the same problem that always I had  with my N54L (AMD). In this case use the PhpVitualbox instead of VMM.

Okay, I will give it a try.

Just for information as 1.04b is still beta and there may be some improvements in the future:

I mentioned there is a problem with storage too. Everytime I boot up DSM the folowing error message comes up.

But when I check the storage inside VMM it says that the storage is healthy.

Unbenannt2.PNG

Unbenannt3.PNG

10 minutes ago, jarugut said:

Just to be sure: Will vDSM work on VirtualBox? I don't think so because I have to give it a valid license, right?

Edited by Tattoofreak