XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

11 hours ago, Jeong said:

Never update in Windows!!

only Instant flash update.

i'd suggest to grab the .ROM files and use AFUFLASH.EXE. This allows you to easily go up and down versions whereas the "instant flash" feature only allows you to go up.

i used the afuflash.exe file from the archive on this page: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99490-Flash-any-most-Asus-motherboard-Bios-in-DOS-with-USB-tutorial-Intel-AMD-roll-back

4 hours ago, ideasman69 said:

i'd suggest to grab the .ROM files and use AFUFLASH.EXE. This allows you to easily go up and down versions whereas the "instant flash" feature only allows you to go up.

i used the afuflash.exe file from the archive on this page: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99490-Flash-any-most-Asus-motherboard-Bios-in-DOS-with-USB-tutorial-Intel-AMD-roll-back

I downgraded my Mainboard from 1.4 to 1.3 over Instantflash. No problem

On 10/31/2018 at 7:31 AM, ideasman69 said:

J3455-ITX: can't get /dev/dri to appear

J3455B-ITX: works perfectly

Further to these two models, I've just tried it on a J3455-M which works with transcoding. Network write speeds are terrible though. I've tried the onboard NIC in addition to 2 different PCIe cards (intel and broadcom) but speeds are still abysmal on a 2 drive RAID 0.

Edited by ideasman69

Hello to All,
 I have currenlty a Gen8 (E3-1220LV2) with ESXI 6.7 and loader 1.03B /3617 installed and everything works fine.

I would like to create an new VM with loader 1.04B/918+  but I didn't find any setup to have it working (even through duplication of my current VM and replacement of synoboot.img). I tried to follow the tutorial "Tutorial - Install DSM 6.2 on ESXi 6.7" (with 1.04b loader) without success. 

I an another side, I have seen some hardware compatibility issue with CPU. Somebody was able to set the VM with Gen8 /918 / ESXI 6.7 ?

Thanks for help!
Rikk
Cpu is too old for kernel in 918

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

On 11/1/2018 at 3:00 PM, Jeong said:

Dont update to 1.5 and 1.6 

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8042&title=warning-j4205itx-bios-16-brick

49 minutes ago, kremilekcz said:

There is no error when updating the Instant flash. An error occurs when you update the windows.
I made a good update without any problems. However, the 1.04b loader is not operating properly.

11 minutes ago, Jeong said:

There is no error when updating the Instant flash. An error occurs when you update the windows.
I made a good update without any problems. However, the 1.04b loader is not operating properly.

I update to bios 1.5 in bios - instant flash, with usb key and motherboard brick after restart NAS and I had to claim the motherboard. So I will not try it again 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, NeoID said:

Will there also be an updated launcher for 3615xs?

I assume that ds918 only supports 4 drives without modding system files?

I'm wondering the same.  I'm on DS3617xs and thinking about switching to DS918 if there'll be no further updates. Crossing fingers for Jun's magic. 🤩👍

On 11/1/2018 at 9:54 AM, Hostilian said:

I had to uninstall the Virtual Machine Manager application - and reinstall - after upping the RAM on one of my test servers..

Then it worked fine..

Well, I am not even able to uninstall VMM. When I try it says I have to remove the host from the cluster first and when I try do to that it says I have to shutdown the runnig VM first but the VM is not running because I'm not even able to start it. Seems to be quite messy. I already tried to re-install the whole DSM from the beginning but that did not help. Same result.

Edit: I have to mention that I am runnig loader 1.04b over DS3617xs

Edited by Tattoofreak

I tried also to run anyhow 6.2 with any bootloader that are offered, it seems any hardware older than Haswell isn't supported *). Could anyone confirm?

Does anybody know if it is a bootloader or DSM issue?

*) as many reported after DSM 6.2 is loaded to the NAS it doesn't show up in the network any more - no ping, no anything. Deleting the DSM partitions made it possible to rediscover the same behaviour with all bootloaders.

My test hw is a HP Microserver Gen8.

Edited by valix

I didn't mean only 918p. The same issue appears when also trying Jun's Bootloader 1.03b for 3615xs + DSM6.2 or Jun's Bootloader 1.03b for 3617xs on Ivy Bridge.

I deleted after each test the partitions to show "new" disks to the installations process. After installation of DSM (downloading + exctraction+reboot) the device was always dead, as already described to 918, but I faced this issue with both other loaders...

I wouldn't use "any" if I would mean the specific 918, but I did mean "any".

Edited by valix

On 10/20/2018 at 9:22 PM, Profiler64 said:

Hey after the Upgrade to 1.04b loader the /dev/dir folder disappered (Hardware Transcoding) Has anybody the same Problem and a solution? 

Asrock j4205-itx 

On 10/30/2018 at 9:31 PM, ideasman69 said:

hmm.. heres something for you guys...

i have 3 asrock j3455 boards and have tested 1.04b on two of them:

J3455-ITX: can't get /dev/dri to appear

J3455B-ITX: works perfectly

My J3455-ITX has the same sickness

Good morning everyone.

So just to show you the issue again:

• When I try to start the VM it says I do have insufficient memory. The host has 6GB ob dedicated RAM from the ESXi-Host and the vDSM-VM has 1GB of dedicated RAM.
  • When I try to delete the VM it says I have to shutdown the VM first but the VM isn't even running and there is no other VMs installed. So uninstallig the VMM package isn't even possible too because the host is still in use with the VM.
  • The logfiles are not really helpful as you can see on the screenshot.

I have the following config:

• ESXi 6.7 running on Supermicro E300-8D with 32GB RAM and Intel XEON D-1518 CPU
  • Fresh installation of latest DSM 6.2.1 (Loader 1.04b on DS3617xs-synoboot.vmdk)
  • Latest VMM package installed
  • Latest vDSM installed

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt2.PNG

Unbenannt3.PNG

Unbenannt4.PNG

Edited by Tattoofreak

14 hours ago, valix said:

*) as many reported after DSM 6.2 is loaded to the NAS it doesn't show up in the network any more - no ping, no anything. Deleting the DSM partitions made it possible to rediscover the same behaviour with all bootloaders.

My test hw is a HP Microserver Gen8.

Yesterday, I migratet my "non-storage" instance from bootload 1.02b / DSM 6.1.7 to bootload 1.03b / DSM 6.2.1 on a HP Microserver Gen8 / ESXi 6.5.

Some details realy took some time to sink in for me:

1. Only SATA harddisks are supported:

1.1 the bootloader needs to be on SATA 0:0, which makes it invisible for DSM. When the grub.cfg is messed up, the drive will be visable and prevent an instalation/migration.

1.2 all datadisks need to be on a passthrough SATA Controller OR on an additionaly added virtual SATA controller -> SATA1. All drives assigned to SATA 1:n will be visible to DSM.

2. the network addapter must be Intel 1000e

3. let grub select the default boot entry itself, choosing vmware boot explicitly always broke things for me...

4. If the installation does not work because of a formating issue OR the number of expected data disks is higher by 1, it is high likely the grub.cfg was messed up.

Side note: the migration failed initialy because the installer complained there wouldn't be enough space on the system partition. I had to unattach my existing disk (which was set to SATA1:0)  and add another harddisk as SATA1:0 temporarily. This led to a clean installation, rather than a real migration. Though, after the installation, i attached the existing disk to SATA1:1, started the system, repaired the system partition, shut the system down, removed the temporary disk and set my repaired disk to SATA1:0. The system booted again and all shares and their content was present :) Though, letsencrypt, webstation, docker and tasks required to be installed and configured again. I am not entirely sure if this behavior was special to the system or will happen on the next two systems i have to upgrade as well.

Edited by haydibe