XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

No problem on Barebone Intel NUC 1^ generation (fresh Install) to DS918+ Ver.DSM 6.2-23739 It's real not a Joke!!

Hardware List:
Mainboard: Intel® NUC DN2820FYKH (2,41 GHz)

Chipset: Intel® Celeron® N2830

CPU: Intel® Celeron® N2830

Ethernet: 1 Realtek 8111GN-CG Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Storage: 1 WD10SPCX (1TB)

Memory: 4096 MB DDR4 SoDIMM

Everything works fine. Network , SHR Hybrid RAID Manager,  a big "Thank you" for your great Work

43 minutes ago, Profiler64 said:

Yes everything. 

thats interesting as that was the same result i was getting when trying to set it up from scratch.

i eventually had a 1.03a + 6.2 configuration and upgraded/migrated it to 1.04b + 6.2.1 which seems to have worked. I've got a spare asrock board which i'm looking to do some more testing on but won't be able to for another week or so.

7 minutes ago, ideasman69 said:

thats interesting as that was the same result i was getting when trying to set it up from scratch.

i eventually had a 1.03a + 6.2 configuration and upgraded/migrated it to 1.04b + 6.2.1 which seems to have worked. I've got a spare asrock board which i'm looking to do some more testing on but won't be able to for another week or so. 

Maybe this sounds a bit strange but i had read everything about the topic HW transcoding and I think i tried everything. At 1.03a the HW trancoding worked a few minutes after the server was started. I have a real SN and MAC and the activation.conf looks good. After the upgrade to 1.04b the dev/dir folder disapperd. After hours of reading somebody said that  the Bios Version could be bad. So i downgraded it. Nothing changed. My next step is to try the 1.03a loader with the downgraded boot loader. Maybe the Asrock J4205-itx isn't supported or something or i don't have luck. I don't give up and will try evrything (it also makes a little fun to play around). If someone gives me some crucial advice, I'll definitely create a custom post that collects these problems and provides solutions. I hope we can solve the problem together but my experience is limited.

10 hours ago, ideasman69 said:

hmm.. heres something for you guys...

i have 3 asrock j3455 boards and have tested 1.04b on two of them:

J3455-ITX: can't get /dev/dri to appear

J3455B-ITX: works perfectly

I have a tool coming soon that'll allow me to fix my J3455-ITX board as it had a bad bios flash. I'll play around with flashing the J3455B-ITX bios to it and see if it makes a difference.

• Thanks 1

Hey guys

I have just installed 1.04b / DS918 / DSM 6.21 on ESXi 6.7.

Everything seems to be running fine except VMM.

When I try to set up a vDSM virtual machine I can create it but when I want to start it there is an error message coming up which says I do not have enough RAM to start the VM.

I dedicated 4GB of RAM and after the error message I tried to play around with this value without success.

I ended up by trying to delete the whole vDSM virtual machine but that wasn't even possible anymore. It just gives me an error message that it is not possible to delete the VM but it does not say why.

Can someone confirm this issue?

Thank you in advance.

12 hours ago, Enzo-fr said:

Migrate ds3615 loaderv1,02b to ds918 1.04b good

Good job jun

@Enzo-fr I'm on ds3617 and 1.03b (on a VMware machine) and also wanted tomigrate to ds918+ and 1.04b. I have two disks attached and a some SW installed like Video Surveillance and TVHeadend and don't want to loose SW, settings, data ...

I'm also interested in the steps/order you did the migration. Thanks

Il y a 11 heures, CrazyCreator a dit :

@Enzo-fr Can you explain a little bit more your accurate steps?

il y a 31 minutes, knopserl a dit :

@Enzo-fr I'm on ds3617 and 1.03b (on a VMware machine) and also wanted tomigrate to ds918+ and 1.04b. I have two disks attached and a some SW installed like Video Surveillance and TVHeadend and don't want to loose SW, settings, data ...

I'm also interested in the steps/order you did the migration. Thanks

Hello

sorry for my english I'm french.

I followed the same steps as for a migration from 5.2 to 6.1
https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/6253-dsm-61x-loader/
change of the pid, vid and mac.
he recognized my records and offered me a migration.
I lost no data, it kept all my dsm settings.
the only change and obviously the sn of the dsm that changes.

13 hours ago, Tattoofreak said:

Hey guys

I have just installed 1.04b / DS918 / DSM 6.21 on ESXi 6.7.

Everything seems to be running fine except VMM.

When I try to set up a vDSM virtual machine I can create it but when I want to start it there is an error message coming up which says I do not have enough RAM to start the VM. 

I dedicated 4GB of RAM and after the error message I tried to play around with this value without success.

I ended up by trying to delete the whole vDSM virtual machine but that wasn't even possible anymore. It just gives me an error message that it is not possible to delete the VM but it does not say why.

Can someone confirm this issue?

Thank you in advance.

I had to uninstall the Virtual Machine Manager application - and reinstall - after upping the RAM on one of my test servers..

Then it worked fine..

2 hours ago, Enzo-fr said:

Hello

sorry for my english I'm french.

I followed the same steps as for a migration from 5.2 to 6.1
https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/6253-dsm-61x-loader/
change of the pid, vid and mac.
he recognized my records and offered me a migration.
I lost no data, it kept all my dsm settings.
the only change and obviously the sn of the dsm that changes.

SOrry for bother you again: Just one question (I read the steps in the lik): Since you did not just upgrade from 5.1 to 6.2 you also did a platform migration (3615 to 918). That was no problem for the DSM to migrate also the HW platform and going from 32Bit (3615) to 64Bit (918)?. Just boot from the new 1.04b and the Synology wizzard was offering an upgradable system?

Hello to All,

I have currenlty a Gen8 (E3-1220LV2) with ESXI 6.7 and loader 1.03B /3617 installed and everything works fine.

I would like to create an new VM with loader 1.04B/918+  but I didn't find any setup to have it working (even through duplication of my current VM and replacement of synoboot.img). I tried to follow the tutorial "Tutorial - Install DSM 6.2 on ESXi 6.7" (with 1.04b loader) without success. 

I an another side, I have seen some hardware compatibility issue with CPU. Somebody was able to set the VM with Gen8 /918 / ESXI 6.7 ?

Thanks for help!

Rikk

On 10/30/2018 at 8:16 PM, Profiler64 said:

Maybe this sounds a bit strange but i had read everything about the topic HW transcoding and I think i tried everything. At 1.03a the HW trancoding worked a few minutes after the server was started. I have a real SN and MAC and the activation.conf looks good. After the upgrade to 1.04b the dev/dir folder disapperd. After hours of reading somebody said that  the Bios Version could be bad. So i downgraded it. Nothing changed. My next step is to try the 1.03a loader with the downgraded boot loader. Maybe the Asrock J4205-itx isn't supported or something or i don't have luck. I don't give up and will try evrything (it also makes a little fun to play around). If someone gives me some crucial advice, I'll definitely create a custom post that collects these problems and provides solutions. I hope we can solve the problem together but my experience is limited.

I upgraded my J4205-ITX BIOS to 1.60P and tested it, but /dev/dri still does not exist.
I gave up and bought the original synology DS918+ today.
Asrock continues to produce Gemini Lake bios, but upgrading Apollo Lake bios to version 1.60P will not solve the problem. (e.g. MCE error)
I think Asrock has abandoned the Apollo Lake ITX board.

Edited by Jeong

4 minutes ago, Jeong said:

I upgraded my J4205-ITX BIOS to 1.60P and tested it, but /dev/dri still does not exist.
Asrock continues to produce Gemini Lake bios, but upgrading Apollo Lake bios to version 1.60P will not solve the problem. (e.g. MCE error)

I don't give up. I don't think it is a complete Bios problem. Maybe its a mix from Bios and Loader. The next step for me is to buy a serial cable for my mother board.

Il y a 2 heures, knopserl a dit :

SOrry for bother you again: Just one question (I read the steps in the lik): Since you did not just upgrade from 5.1 to 6.2 you also did a platform migration (3615 to 918). That was no problem for the DSM to migrate also the HW platform and going from 32Bit (3615) to 64Bit (918)?. Just boot from the new 1.04b and the Synology wizzard was offering an upgradable system?

No problem

2 часа назад, Jeong сказал:

Please give a link where you downloaded the BIOS 1.60p