XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

On 8/21/2018 at 9:04 PM, Pagi said:

Thanks for your reply.

On 8/21/2018 at 9:04 PM, Pagi said:

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using HP Compaq Elite 8300 with INTEL Core i3-4130, 8GB RAM and 5x 750GB SATA disks.

Do i try perform the upgrade in proper way? Starting from upgrade jun's loader to 1.03b and trying to boot "old" DSM?

I'm using HP Compaq Elite 8300 with INTEL Core i3-4130, 8GB RAM and 5x 750GB SATA disks.

Do i try perform the upgrade in proper way? Starting from upgrade jun's loader to 1.03b and trying to boot "old" DSM?

Is for this systen a Fix or solution to work with 6.2 ??

Edited by Taz-Mania
non

hi, have a question , i am running esxi 6.1 loader, synoboot is on ide0:0, os is on ide0:1

i have an hp gen 8 microserver, i have the  4 bay cougar in passtrough mode

see screenshot attached for current config

i HAD to select ide0:0 and ide0:1 , if i configured them on sata/scsi, i never saw all the disks from my 4 bay cougar sata controller, only like 1 or 2 of them instead of 4

so removed in 6.1 the sata+scsi adapter, and now i see all my 6 disks

but after reading this new thread, i see you need to configure it back on sata, so i think i will face my old problem back then?

any1 that can give me some tips? so i can still see ALL disks with the cougar sata controller in passthrough mode?

Edited by NoFate

On 9/15/2018 at 10:57 PM, bajwha said:

Thanks, Dfsa, but for sure there is some issue with me. I am still struggling. any other ideas, please? 

Other than creating a fresh USB stick & using a different HDD I'm afraid not, all I can say is that it does work with the N54L.

Hi,

I have issues with installing DSM 6.2 using bootloader 1.03a2. I have an asrock J3455B mobo, using just one 2.5 hdd for testig. After bootloader boots, i can install the SW and everything is ok up until the first restart to finish installation. After that I can't ping my nas and it seems like it freezes. I have changed vid&pid+serial and mac. Should I change anything else?

thanks!

4 hours ago, sirotkaslo said:

Hi,

I have issues with installing DSM 6.2 using bootloader 1.03a2. I have an asrock J3455B mobo, using just one 2.5 hdd for testig. After bootloader boots, i can install the SW and everything is ok up until the first restart to finish installation. After that I can't ping my nas and it seems like it freezes. I have changed vid&pid+serial and mac. Should I change anything else?

thanks!

my guess is that your motherboard now "wants" to boot from the hard drive with the DSM OS installed.   You may need to go to the BIOS, and change the boot order to first start from your USB drive. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, typewriter said:

While booting works and I find the diskstation with the synology assistant i am am stuck at the installation: Error 38 - no disk on your system.

I am using an old mainboard with G41 ICH7 and Q6600.

It's working with the bootloader for 6.1 - so this seems to be a problem of the new 6.2 loader.

I installed this the very first time and its unbelievable how fast DSM ist - even on my ancient hardware - compared to may DS417j.

12 hours ago, wenlez said:

my guess is that your motherboard now "wants" to boot from the hard drive with the DSM OS installed.   You may need to go to the BIOS, and change the boot order to first start from your USB drive. 

Unfortunately no, my screen stays on ...this screen will stop updating soon..., so I think it boots ok. 

Edited by sirotkaslo

Tried changing the SN / MAC to reflect a real syno that I have 1813 but apparently the system checks somehow that the model 3617 is not correct for the 1815 SN / MAC combo, so cannot log in online, quick connect, or verify surveillance station serial # :(

Does anyone have any ideas/recommendations on getting this to work?

On 9/19/2018 at 12:14 PM, NoFate said:

i had also issues on esxi

first install, booted up fine, then installed the .pat file , first wizard, rebooted after install, but ip was gone, wasnt reachable anymore on network

i needed to change adapter in esxi from e1000 to e1000e , and then network was working again

How did you set the e1000e adapter? I was not aware that there where others actually... I'm also on ESXI and the network speed is way worse on 6.2 then 6.1 so would be fun to try another adapter to see if that helps...

According to vmware it's not possible to set this from the U (for Linux)I: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1001805
Did you just set the OS in the VM to Windows?

Edited by NeoID

4 minutes ago, NeoID said:

How did you set the e1000e adapter? I was not aware that there where others actually... I'm also on ESXI and the network speed is way worse on 6.2 then 6.1 so would be fun to try another adapter to see if that helps...

According to vmware it's not possible to set this from the U (for Linux)I: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1001805
Did you just set the OS in the VM to Windows?

No, I believe I choose Linux 64 bit or Linux 3.2 64 bit, esxi 6.7

On 9/14/2018 at 4:41 PM, bajwha said:

Can you please share how you did that. I have followed everything. also changed the MAC and VID,PID but cannot found xpnology with Assistant.

please help

Hi, I got the exact same problem. It think its cause i skipped 6.1 and got straight from 6.0 to 6.2.

The solution is mentioned in the 6.1 loader thread:

"The C1E function in the bios (in some HP machines) needs to be deactivated."

Thats what you have to do - boot into bios (F10 at startup) and deactivate C1E under processor features.

Reboot and voila. :)