XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

5 minutes ago, elitef said:

Yes, I have done that already which is what I mentioned in my last post. I used the instructions from this youtube Video

This worked for 6.1.7, but does NOT work for 6.2. I get stuck at the bootloader message to use find.synology.com but it is not discoverable on the network through the website or Synology Assistant.

in that video time 6:45 dont select IDE

you need sata 0.0 for loader

IDE worked before with 6.1 loader

Edited by luchuma

35 minutes ago, luchuma said:

in that video time 6:45 dont select IDE

you need sata 0.0 for loader

IDE worked before with 6.1 loader

This seems to have worked!

Thank you VERY much. I have done SATA in VMwW as well as when setting up the initial VM in QNAP, so both are set to SATA and it is now working.

Now to figure out how to get the Surveillance Station to work with a license pack that I have because I end up getting a message that the the connection failed when it tries to reach out to the backend server or something.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:07 PM, sunfishdied said:

Thanks Jun

Working Build Upgrade from 6.1: 

HPE ML350 G6  Baremetal ( E5620 x2, 32G RAM ,144TB Raw, 1.5TB SSD Cache) booting from internal SD slot

with  X540-T2 & LSI 9260cv-8e & LSI 9200-16e & Renasas USB3 & Dell H310 IT Mode, BCM5715, Intel I210

ALL Working OOB, no extra lzma

synology sorting.PNG

Does jun's loader 1.03b support boot from legacy MBR ?

Dear members:

I want to buy the following:

ASRock J5005-ITX

RAM DDR4: G.Skill Ripjaws F4-2400C16S-8GRS or Team Group Elite TED48G2400C16-S01 or Crucial CT8G4SFS824A

Which ram to choose?

I want to install the latest DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2  

I see someone has a working configuration:

image.png.c25ea35b60e39825ad4f93d6aaf36633.png

But which tutorial I must follow?

Which file I need 1.03b?

I only see : 3615 or 3617

image.png.d74bd81fe61a782374c120d4c14d8f7f.png

If i want serial than I don't see the: DS918+

https://xpenogen.github.io/serial_generator/index.html 

What is the cheapest Ebay, Chinese Lan gigabit port PCI-e 2.0 x1 card?

Is it possible to use the motherboard lan with a additional card?

I know this are a lot of questions, but if I ask everything in a different topic, than it would be complicated.

I hope someone can help me, i am searching me around and around everywhere on the net.

The board will work fine.  I am running on DS918+ image right now with J4105.  As long as your RAM is compatible with the motherboard it doesn't matter very much.

The board has an onboard Realtek NIC.  This works fine with the DS918+ image.  You want a second NIC?  Just make sure the Realtek or Intel driver is supported.  I have not seen anyone with this board running a second NIC however.

On 8/1/2018 at 3:30 PM, Dfds said:

@jun A fresh baremetal install on a HP Microserver Gen7 N54L seems to be working ok. Many thanks for your hard work

Can you please share how you did that. I have followed everything. also changed the MAC and VID,PID but cannot found xpnology with Assistant.

please help

Edited by bajwha

Hi ,

I am trying to migrate from 1.02b to 1.03b on a baremetal but without success.

The DSM 6.1.7 works great, but on upgrade I get stuck at the bootloader message to use find.synology.com but it is not discoverable on the network through the website or Synology Assistant. No IP Address, no MAC address on the network. 

On the 1.02b loader network is working on 1Gb, but after boot on 1.03b the switch showing 100Mb connection.

it seems to be a network driver problem . 

BAREMETAL: Bosch DIP-2042-2HD Divar IP 2000

SMBIOS 2.7

Network card:  RTL8111E  10/100/1000

CPU:  Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D525   @ 1.80GHz

Mainboard: BOSCH CCTV APP SEL0  -  OEM Wistron Infocomm (Zhongshan) Corporation

Is there any way to debug the bootloader ?  or Could you help me to start it  ? 

3 minutes ago, bajwha said:

Can you please share how you did that. I have followed everything. also changed the MAC and VID,PID but not cannot found xpnology with Assistant.

please help

For a test of DSM 6.2 I removed all of my existing disks & USB stick, created a new one with jun's 1.03b loader, setting the vid & pid as normal, then just went through a clean install. It should work as a migration from 6.1 but as I don't need 6.2 at present I haven't tested that.

4 minutes ago, Dfds said:

For a test of DSM 6.2 I removed all of my existing disks & USB stick, created a new one with jun's 1.03b loader, setting the vid & pid as normal, then just went through a clean install. It should work as a migration from 6.1 but as I don't need 6.2 at present I haven't tested that.

Did you make any special changes in BIOS? and which usb port did you used to boot?

24 minutes ago, Dfds said:

I'd already disabled C1E support & didn't make any other bios changes. I used the internal USB port.

which bois version do you have? I think this is the issue with the Network card. I have installed win 10 just for testing and not getting ip from DHCP.

3 hours ago, Dfds said:

How did you get/see grub.cfg file to set vid & pid? Since I moved to new 1.03b, I've never seen this grub file anymore. I used rufus to load 1.03b into a bootable usb drive.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, bajwha said:

well after updating Bios I got the DHCP on windows 10 but when I boot form xpnology usb no IP from DHCP.

any help?

Have you changed the grub.cfg file and uncommented the third menuentry (DS3617xs 6.2 Baremetal AMD $VERSION)? And selected on boot (set default='2' or select the one on boot)?

5 hours ago, Bibikits said:

Dear members:

I want to buy the following:

ASRock J5005-ITX 

RAM DDR4: G.Skill Ripjaws F4-2400C16S-8GRS or Team Group Elite TED48G2400C16-S01 or Crucial CT8G4SFS824A

Which ram to choose?

Doesnt matter, really. I have the old "J3455"  and 4 GB Noname DDR3. Faster than enough.

I do recommend the XS3615 build, the 918 one doesnt support HDD spindown.