XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

15 minutes ago, dk2000 said:

I have Dell Power Edge R320

What is the best and latest Loader should i use ?

Please help me

thanks

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 10:27 AM, IG-88 said:
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 10:20 AM, carmeb said:

I would like to know how can I update to 6.2 and which bootloader I have to use.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

Please read at least a few of the posts in the thread!

Hi Everyone,

I run two instances of DSM , one as a VM in Proxmox (DS3617xs)  , another as BareMetal on Proliant N54L (DS3615xs), both are running DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2.

I need to upgrade to newer version as Let's Encrypt is not supported anymore.

Is anyone can confirm ability to upgrade any of those two systems ? and if yes , is NIC was still OK or something for that was necessary ?

Thanks !

XT

Edited by extenue
add model

18 hours ago, extenue said:

Hi Everyone,

I run two instances of DSM , one as a VM in Proxmox (DS3617xs)  , another as BareMetal on Proliant N54L (DS3615xs), both are running DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2.

I need to upgrade to newer version as Let's Encrypt is not supported anymore.

Is anyone can confirm ability to upgrade any of those two systems ? and if yes , is NIC was still OK or something for that was necessary ?

Thanks !

XT

Hello extenue,

I've currently two Proliant, one N54L and one N40L. The N40L is running the 6.2.2-24922 Update 4, and the N54L is still running 6.1.7, but will be upgraded very soon.

To run the 6.2 version you need to add a new network card as the internal NIC is no longer supported.

I've added a HP NC360T card.

176114139_2020-02-1116_00_58-SynologyDiskStation.thumb.png.2ac70b4e2a625ca2947fa68fb7009518.png

Regards,

TomX

il y a 59 minutes, extenue a dit :

"To run the 6.2 version you need to add a new network card as the internal NIC is no longer supported'

My N54L is already running 6.2 , did you meant "To run the 6.2.2 version you need to add a new network card as the internal NIC is no longer supported" ?

Thanks

XT

no need to add an additional LAN card with Driver extension jun ...
my N40L works perfectly

9 minutes ago, lolvince said:

sorry i don't understand your question.
I have an N40L which works in DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4 with the native network only, with the loader 1.03B and the drivers V0.5 for ds3615

from here : https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/

Case 1: update from 6.2.0 to 6.2.2

Case 2: fresh install with 6.2.2 or "migration" (aka upgrade) from 6.0/6.1

Did you first try Case 1 but got unstable and then you do Case 2 with fresh install with backup? Or you do Case 2 with migration so you just put back config backup?

il y a 2 minutes, wstse a dit :

from here : https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/21663-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm622-for-3615xs-3617xs-918/

Case 1: update from 6.2.0 to 6.2.2

Case 2: fresh install with 6.2.2 or "migration" (aka upgrade) from 6.0/6.1

Did you first try Case 1 but got unstable and then you do Case 2 with fresh install with backup? Or you do Case 2 with migration so you just put back config backup?

I was in 6.1.7, I should have done the migration in case N ° 2.

Thanks. 

Just try using Case 1. I didn't take out the USB boot. Instead I

1. mount the synoboot2 to a tmp directory 

2. copy the zImage, rd.gz, extra.lzma to synoboot2

3. umount the synoboot2

3. login to the DSM, click DSM update to DSM 6.2.2-24922

4. It will restart twice

5. All ok except the esataportcfg/internalportcfg/usbportcfg in synoinfo.cfg need to modify back to N54L setting. (I use both disk5 & disk6 as esata so I set 
esataportcfg="0x30"
usbportcfg="0x1fc0"
internalportcfg="0xf"

then reboot one more time my disk6 come back as esata disk

Hello,

I would like to load 1.03b (DS3617 ou DS3615) and DSM 6.2.2-24922-4 

Could you tell me if my current configuration will work : Case SilverStone CS380 / Asrock Q2900M / 8 Go RAM / SYBA SI-PEX40064 / PCI USB 3.0 PEXUSB3S24 / 2x Intel EXPI9301CTBLK / 4 X 2 To / Jun's v1.02b loader / DSM 6.1.7-1584 Update 3 - DS3617xs

Do I have to do an update or a new installation ?

Thanks

Edited by jojeju9428

• 3 weeks later...

I made a loader USB stick with 1.03b@3615 ,but my machine always stopped at self test when power on, could you help me? It can't pass the memory test  T.T  But a loader with DSM6.1.3 is working well.

MAchine Info:

CPU:Intel Q9550s

MB:Gigabyte X38-DQ6

4GB DDR2

I found the reason is  I enabled legacy support of USB Mass Storage in the Bios.But when I disable it ,system can't find boot device. How should I do?

微信图片_20200311114851.jpg

Edited by Mapleaj

On 2/12/2020 at 9:01 PM, wstse said:

Thanks. 

3. umount the synoboot2

4. It will restart twice

5. All ok except the esataportcfg/internalportcfg/usbportcfg in synoinfo.cfg need to modify back to N54L setting. (I use both disk5 & disk6 as esata so I set 
esataportcfg="0x30"
usbportcfg="0x1fc0"
internalportcfg="0xf"

Hello,

I use only the 6th slot with inernal sata from the original CD Drive and didn't have to modifie any config in Grub before (only vid, pid and disable trim w/e for 8 GB RAM to show)

However when i created my usb drive, the synology assistant finds the diskstation (so it seems I'm ok on network card side with the extra drivers) but when i log it says that the configuration was lost and it needs to reinstall the DSM.

I was on 6.1 before. I stopped there and put back my old usb key with 6.1 before i make a mistake. Can anyone confirm me if this is expected ? As i modified the Jun loader 2nd partition to include the 6.2.2 rd.gz and zimage. Also once the installation is done, are all my configs back or do i need to load a backup from config ? The IP was manually set to x.x.x.13 before but when i started the process it was on automatic and set to x.x.x.18.. So I need to know if once i click reinstall , everything will go back to normal following reboot.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:01 PM, wstse said:

Thanks. 

3. umount the synoboot2

4. It will restart twice

esataportcfg="0x30"
usbportcfg="0x1fc0"
internalportcfg="0xf"

Hello,

I use only the 6th slot with inernal sata from the original CD Drive and didn't have to modifie any config in Grub before (only vid, pid and disable trim w/e for 8 GB RAM to show)

However when i created my usb drive, the synology assistant finds the diskstation (so it seems I'm ok on network card side with the extra drivers) but when i log it says that the configuration was lost and it needs to reinstall the DSM.

I was on 6.1 before. I stopped there and put back my old usb key with 6.1 before i make a mistake. Can anyone confirm me if this is expected ? As i modified the Jun loader 2nd partition to include the 6.2.2 rd.gz and zimage. Also once the installation is done, are all my configs back or do i need to load a backup from config ? The IP was manually set to x.x.x.13 before but when i started the process it was on automatic and set to x.x.x.18.. So I need to know if once i click reinstall , everything will go back to normal following reboot.

Edit : OK, tried it, and revert back to 6.1...

I tried removing disable mtrr trim since it detected the 8 GB correctly without it as well, but even with that modification, the dsm keeps crashing. It installs fine. I can access through web interface for some minutes but then it crashes... Web UI is down, SMB is down, SSH is up tho i get disconnected every minutes or so... Anyone had similar symptoms with HP N54L ?

I used Jun's Loader 1.03b + extra drive for 3615xs + extracted 6.2.2 zimage and rd.gz and injected it all in the loader 2nd partition...

I still have an old 99PowerSaving Shell script somewhere from dsm 5.2, dunno if it can explains the behavior ? Any way to check logs to know what happens or anyone can help me out ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently running 6.0.2-8451 Update 11 Baremetal on HP microserver Gen 8.
Is it possible for me upgrading to 6.2? And should I use loader 1.03b or 1.04b?
Will an upgrade mess something up with my current setting on Surveillance Station 8.0.3 with additional licences (not legit).

Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone,

I am currently running DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2 with Jun's V1.03b DS3615xs loader on the old server HP Proliant ML110 G4. It has been working great, the only issue is that I can't shutdown. When shutdown, the PC instead go and reboot.

Could you advise how to fix it? In BIOS menu there is no option to turn off WOL. Thanks!

Hello guys,
I just updated my synology setup to  6.2.2-24922  v1.03b - DS3615xs
I boot using: "DS3615xs 6.2 Baremetal with Jun's Mod v1.03b"
But I see this line  (see serial.out )
   patching file etc/synoinfo.conf
   Hunk #1 FAILED at 291.
   1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/synoinfo.conf.rej

Is there a way to fix this ?
Why do I see it ?
I am attaching: 
   /etc/synoinfo.conf
   /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf
   jun.patch (that everyone has it)

Thanks

My Setup Info:
  - DSM version prior update: DSM 6.1.7-15284 update 3  
  -  DSM after update 6.2.2-24922
  - Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER v1.03b - DS3615xs  
  - Using custom extra.lzma: NO
  - Installation type: ESXi 6.5 (HP MicroServer Gen8 with Xeon CPU E31260L 1265v2)  (4 virtual SATA HardDrives: 50Mb 50Gb 1.7Tb 2.7Tb)
  - Additional comments: It failed in the beginning , as all services, including networking, would shutdown a few seconds after logging in to DSM  (SYNO.Core.Desktop.Initdata_1_get would call "usr/syno/bin/synopkg onoffall stop").  Saw other posts mentioning an old .xpenoboot folder in / as the cause, so I deleted (cd \;sudo rm -r .xpenoboot) that and upgrade worked fine.

jun.patch serial.out synoinfo.conf.etc synoinfo.conf.etc.defaults

On 8/1/2018 at 5:30 PM, Dfds said:

@jun A fresh baremetal install on a HP Microserver Gen7 N54L seems to be working ok. Many thanks for your hard work

Hi, what's your current dsm version and which loader did you used? I want to upgrade my 6.0.2 to a newer version but last time when I checked, the loader didn't had any grub entry for AMD.