XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader

jun

1 hour ago, lolvince said:

is it compromised, or should I start from 0 having kicked on the key, with the Grub.conf unmodified

you can disconnect all disks and your usb, create a new usb and do a fresh install to a empty disk (any old disk is ok, as long as its at least 5GB), to check that your problems are not related to your install

1 hour ago, lolvince said:

except my LAN speed divided by 10

the broadcom driver is the same as before, just fresh compiled for 6.2.2, check your switch an cable

any logs? (messages, dmesg)

Hi to everyone,

I've installed successfully Xpenology using the 6.1 loader for 916+ on my asrock J3455-ITX.

I would like to know how can I update to 6.2 and which bootloader I have to use.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Update: I forgot to tell you that I've used before the DS3615xs loader but DSM was veeery slowly.

Edited by carmeb
update

2 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

yes it will offer a (cross) migration

So I have just to burn the new loader on the pendrive where is now the 916+ loader, and the system will migrate without losing data on the drives inside. Right?

Which loader do you suggest for my mobo? the 918 using the realme fix?

Edited by carmeb

27 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

yes, in case of a migration you also keep users and other settings like ip address

Do I have to change the realme's extra.lzma before burning the loader? Because before installing the 916+ loader I had a bad experience withe the 918+ loader :(

Can you help me? I wrote J3455 instead of j4205. Sorry!

Edited by carmeb

3 hours ago, carmeb said:

Do I have to change the realme's extra.lzma before burning the loader? Because before installing the 916+ loader I had a bad experience withe the 918+ loader

real3x's extra.lzma i guess

the problem is with the changes in kernel driver settings between 6.2.0 and 6.2.2, if you install 6.2.0 you should be ok, the trouble starts with using 6.2.1 or 6.2.2

there are different problems mixed up when a system does not show up in network after a 6.2.2 upgrade, in most cases its a not working network driver, in some cases it might be a crashing i915 driver and a missing /dev/dri might be s showstopper for some people too when wanting to use hardware transcoding

maybe wait a few days, with the version 0.8 of my extra.lzma there will be a split into 2 version, one using synologys i915 driver (as it comes with dsm 6.2.2) and the other with jun's newer i915 driver, both will have new network drivers and the variety with the synology driver will also have additional i915 firmware matching the synology driver so it can use more devices then before that might not have showed the /dev/dri because of missing firmware files

and for hard cases there will be also a recovery version that knocks out the i915 driver (in one case with a J1800 the driver prevented the system from booting)

• Like 1

Il y a 18 heures, IG-88 a dit :

vous pouvez déconnecter tous les disques et votre clé USB, créer une nouvelle clé USB et effectuer une nouvelle installation sur un disque vide (tout ancien disque est correct, tant qu'il fait au moins 5 Go), pour vérifier que vos problèmes ne sont pas liés à votre installation

le pilote Broadcom est le même qu'avant, juste fraîchement compilé pour 6.2.2, vérifiez votre commutateur un câble

des journaux? (messages, dmesg)

Thanks for your help.

here are my log for the N40L which is unstable, and my other NAS which seems to be OK but with a message at startup, and the network problem.

I have however tried to change the switche and the cable, but the problem does not come from there.

dmesg N40L.log dmesg ts-509.log

il y a une heure, lolvince a dit :

I have however tried to change the switche and the cable, but the problem does not come from there.

I just redid all the tests, and I had a problem with the cables apparently!
I am therefore in Gigabit on my 2 NICs

however I still have this message:

Citation

DSM cannot start normally because it encountered a problem. Please contact Synology support team for assistance.

Edited by lolvince

6 hours ago, lolvince said:

DSM cannot start normally because it encountered a problem. Please contact Synology support team for assistance.

anything not working? on both systems?

where does that message come from?

check other log's

only thing that looked unusual was this

[   78.439122] CIFS VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
[   78.445655] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -113
[   84.451133] CIFS VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
[   84.457686] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -113

20 hours ago, IG-88 said:

real3x's extra.lzma i guess

the problem is with the changes in kernel driver settings between 6.2.0 and 6.2.2, if you install 6.2.0 you should be ok, the trouble starts with using 6.2.1 or 6.2.2

there are different problems mixed up when a system does not show up in network after a 6.2.2 upgrade, in most cases its a not working network driver, in some cases it might be a crashing i915 driver and a missing /dev/dri might be s showstopper for some people too when wanting to use hardware transcoding

maybe wait a few days, with the version 0.8 of my extra.lzma there will be a split into 2 version, one using synologys i915 driver (as it comes with dsm 6.2.2) and the other with jun's newer i915 driver, both will have new network drivers and the variety with the synology driver will also have additional i915 firmware matching the synology driver so it can use more devices then before that might not have showed the /dev/dri because of missing firmware files

and for hard cases there will be also a recovery version that knocks out the i915 driver (in one case with a J1800 the driver prevented the system from booting)

Thank you! I will wait for you extra.lzma to update my Asrock J4205.

Il y a 13 heures, IG-88 a dit :

anything not working? on both systems?

where does that message come from?

check other log's

only thing that looked unusual was this

[   78.439122] CIFS VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
[   78.445655] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -113
[   84.451133] CIFS VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
[   84.457686] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -113

N40L => is unstable, services stop on their own after a while. but I can restart them manually and it works then, until a certain moment, or it still cuts.
I cannot go back down my configuration, I have an error at the end of the import. when I change parameters it tells me that it has conflicts. for example SMB is disabled in the console, while it is active because I connect to it.

TS-509 => Now that the network is OK, apart from the message indicated on the DSM interface, I don't notice anything.

Hello,
I advanced on the subject.
for my N40L:
- Outcome of the update: Fail
- DSM prior update version: DSM 6.2.2 UPDATE 4
- Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER v1.03b - DS3615xs
- Using custom extra.lzma: 1.03b_mod ds3615 DSM 6.2.2 v0.5_test
- Typical installation: BAREMETAL - N40L

I noticed that everything worked fine once connected on DSM, but that all the packages were deactivated.
so I can connect to the package center to reactivate them without problems.
BUT, if I have the misfortune to reconnect on DSM, all the packages are deactivated!
this seems to be more of a protection system on the part of Synology, because otherwise everything works perfectly except also the fact that I cannot go back down from backup, but I can do it;)

I will therefore test my backup on a real syno (RS820 +) in order to see if it is usable, and also try a clean installation from my N40L on a blank HDD.

Hello,
my backups made via Hyper Backup on C2 from my N40L are ok on a RS820 + NAS.

so I saved all of my N40L on another NAS as a backup.
I reinstall my N40L on another HDD in order to validate the loader and my config.
if it is OK, I go back down my backup of my N40L after having reset it!

The clean installation on my N40L with the same USB dongle is OK, which means that if Synology detects a suspicious installation, it "breaks" it, and it will require reinstallation to find something clean ...
reinstalling DSM on a "corrupt" volume also does not work.
you have to start from 0 and go back down a backup ...

you don't need to offload all your data to make a fresh install

the normal option would be to use the 2nd boot option (reinstall) of the loader, that will prevent the loader from loading the installed dsm from disk and instead just booting the loader as if the disk was empty, the syno assistant will kick in and offer migrate or reinstall, so you can choose reinstall and keep your data on the raid volume

the other way would be the tutorial about how to downgrade

Edited by IG-88

I regularly get this error message:

2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L synocloudserviceauth: cloudservice_get_api_key.cpp: 21 Cannot get key
2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L synocloudserviceauth: cloudservice_register_api_key.cpp: 246 Validate api key failed: Serial number invalid
2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L ssnotifyd: pushservice_update_ds_token.c: 52 fgets failed
2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L ssnotifyd: pushservice_update_ds_token.c: 147 Can't set api key
2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L ssnotifyd: pushservice_utils.c: 325 SYNOPushserviceUpdateDsToken failed.
2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L ssnotifyd: pushservice_utils.c: 387 GenerateDsToken Failed

is this normal?

System info:
DSM version: DSM 6.2.2 24922 UPDATE 4
Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER v1.03b - DS3615xs
Using custom extra.lzma: 1.03b_mod ds3615 DSM 6.2.2 v0.5_test
Installation type: BAREMETAL - N40L

4 minutes ago, lolvince said:

I regularly get this error message:

2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L synocloudserviceauth: cloudservice_get_api_key.cpp: 21 Cannot get key
2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L synocloudserviceauth: cloudservice_register_api_key.cpp: 246 Validate api key failed: Serial number invalid
2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L ssnotifyd: pushservice_update_ds_token.c: 52 fgets failed
2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L ssnotifyd: pushservice_update_ds_token.c: 147 Can't set api key
2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L ssnotifyd: pushservice_utils.c: 325 SYNOPushserviceUpdateDsToken failed.
2020-02-03T18: 38: 40 + 01: 00 N40L ssnotifyd: pushservice_utils.c: 387 GenerateDsToken Failed

is this normal?

System info:
DSM version: DSM 6.2.2 24922 UPDATE 4
Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER v1.03b - DS3615xs
Using custom extra.lzma: 1.03b_mod ds3615 DSM 6.2.2 v0.5_test
Installation type: BAREMETAL - N40L

Yes, since your install is not a genuine Synology one, DSM keeps trying to register for push notification server but it can't authorize. Do you have push notifications enabled? Turning off those boxes and disabling it from trying to register might suppress those in the log.

3 minutes ago, lolvince said:

thank you for your reply.
but I did not activate push notification: /

I'm looking for what is causing this ...

My guess is DSM is just trying on it's own to activate push then. This could be the result of one of the packages you have installed trying to activate push, like Chat, MailPlus, etc...